Chapter 37

Captured - Part 2

The Vulpine leads me down a dark corridor before stopping and opening a door on his left, roughly shoving me into the small, dark room.

"What are you? His little bitch?!" I turn on him, struggling through my chains, "You just go ahead and do everything at his beck and call?!"

He can barely suppress a contemptuous scoff. "I'm no one's bitch. If anything you're the only bitch here."

Ouch.

Is that really the best he's got?

"You've seen firsthand the way he treats people." I continue, "You think he cares about you? Well here's a wakeup call, he doesn't give a flying fuck about anyone! This game is his whole damn narrative! You're his puppets and he's the fucking Puppetmaster!"

The Vulpine clenches his jaw and squeezes his fists into balls at his sides, but stays quiet.

I am clearly getting to him.

And I'll be damned if I stopped now.

"If I took up his offer and joined him, what do you think would've happened to you and your other friend? Hmm?" I lean forward, letting my words hang in the air so that they have a chance to sink into his peanut sized brain, "Only three people can make it to the final. Which means he would've dropped one of your asses!"

I can see the gears in his head start turn. Not only was he processing my words but he was thinking about it.

Actually thinking.

He grits his teeth and paces furiously, barely restraining himself.

He's on the verge of blowing up.

But I couldn't stop now.

The seed was already planted in his head.

His resolve is weakening which makes him vulnerable to the right argument.

"I know you don't want to hear this but he's using you."

He silences me with an angry slash of his hand. "Shut it!"

"Part of you knows it's true."

"I said shut it!" he jabs the air with a pointed finger at each utterance, his eyes narrowed and set hard.

"You don't have to keep—"

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" he turns on me sharply and hisses in my face, his face reddening.

"Yes I do and you know it!" I respond firmly, not missing a beat.

He kneels and grabs me by the collar, shaking my body. "I'd watch it or so help me! You're on thin ice you bitch!"

He throws me to the floor, and I slide into the wall. I let out a grunt as pain shoots up my back.

"It doesn't matter if it's true or not." he slightly bends down to meet my eye, his jaw tightened, "In these games we're all Vulpines. We all cheat, play dirty, and go against morals. We do whatever we need to survive."