02 ❀ An ocean or fire, baptize me if you desire

Start from the beginning

"I see; Finn got you pregnant." This came out more as a statement than a question that twisted Y/n's face in disgust.

"No way," She shuddered. "I would be a terrible mother anyways."

The two watched as Jaeden decided his shirt would be better used as a prop to swing around. "This idiot just got broken up with, so I'm on chaperon duty tonight."

"Aw man, Sophia broke up with him?" Grace felt terrible for the guy, though he didn't look too sad. "He's going to feel all that tomorrow." She laughed,

"Tell me about it. But it's so hard to stay awake if I'm being honest." Y/n was lucky; after every party, she came back unscathed.

Silently, she was hoping her luck wasn't due to run out. She never drove before, but Jaeden had his license; as scary as it was, she didn't know if her driving or Jaeden's driving would be safer.

Her phone vibrated; it was Finn calling her. Grace looked over to see the contact's name.

"Don't tell Finn you're at my party. He doesn't know I'm throwing one." Grace warned her; Y/n stared up at her before looking back at it.

"I'm not even going to tell him I'm here; I promised him the party life was behind me." She turned off the phone, shoving it in her pocket.

"He would never speak to me again if he found out I was here. Let alone knowing that Jaeden is drunk."

Grace agreed before noticing Finn was calling her too, "He's been calling me all day; I'll take this; if you need anything, I'm going to be upstairs where it's quiet."

She parted ways from Y/n, who was slightly dozing off and leaning on the wall. It was relatively quieter than downstairs; it was less likely that any music would go through the phone call.

Finn didn't waste a second when Grace answered, "Do you know where Y/n is?" His voice sounded concerned on the other line.

"I was on the phone with her like half an hour ago; she said she's going to get some sleep. Sophia broke up with Jaeden, so she's keeping him company."

He relaxed in the chair beside Nick playing UNO with Chosen and him.

"Okay, I was worried because she wasn't answering the phone. She always answers, but I believe you." Just as Grace was about to say something, a drunk couple barged through the door.

"I have to go; my mom has people over for dinner." She quickly turned to hide the phone from them m.

"I'll see you on Monday." Finn tried to respond with a goodbye, but the line instantly went dead before he could open his mouth.

Y/n was fast asleep; she was sitting on the windowsill and somehow found a comfortable spot. No matter how sleepy she was, she was awoken by Jaeden's aggressive grip on her shoulder.

"You're falling asleep, let's go back home, and we can watch a movie." He slurred.

She groggily shook her head no, "No, we can't. You're not in the headspace to drive, nor can I drive. It's safer if you try to sober up first." Jaeden groaned at this before waving his hands in front of her face.

"I am sober, Y/n! If we go right now, we might be able to go get some of your favorite ice creams by your house." As tempting as it was, she still said no.