Ruin is inevitable.

   After falling asleep in each other's arms on the couch, only waking up when my mom left to go job hunting, did I have a spare moment to admire the boy that spooned me from behind. I noticed that Jane set my phone down on the coffee table and the device was lighting up, but I didn't think much of it. After all, my name was still prominent in the media.

   You'd think I would have learned by now.

   The next time I awoke wasn't so peaceful.

   The sun has fully risen in the sky now, but that isn't the only thing lighting up my living room fiercely this morning.

   Cameras.

   So many flashes and shouts are coming from the outside of my house and invading my privacy that it jolts me awake with what seems like hundreds of camera lenses trying their very best to peer through closed blinds and sheer curtains. Their owners are screaming obscenities that I'm happy I can't hear clearly through the walls, but the shock of it all is enough to give me heart palpitations and new waves of nausea hitting me with as much warning as a tornado.

   "Harry!" I shout a little more loudly than I meant to when I leap up from his arms and start roughly shaking his shoulder.

   When he barely shifts and only groans with a small smack of his lips, I give up and jump for my phone on the coffee table, completely disregarding the standards I'd set for myself days before when something much less terrifying happened.

   My phone is receiving the same treatment as it did five days ago when news of Harry being seen with me came out, only this time I go to social media first instead of ignoring it all together. 

   The photos make my eyes nearly bulge out of my head before tears begin to assault my senses. All of my social media pages have drastically blown up, taking me from about 200 followers on each platform to almost 200,000. That's what I get for having public pages I guess.

   But I don't have much time to sit in wonderment at the drastic numbers smacking me in the face, because at the top of my timeline lies a tweet from a very famous person who I used to adore.

   Actual vomit comes up my throat that I have to swallow down at the sight of her tweet, sending me into a down spiral of scrolling though comments I've received and what the entire world is saying about me

"Harry!" I shakily yell again when I see the first comment telling me to kill myself.

He finally jolts awake, not having much time to be groggy, completely coming to his senses when he sees me hunched over my phone on the floor and upon seeing the chaos outside.

"What the hell is going on?" He breathes with widened green eyes that quickly flit back and forth between myself and the paparazzi pushing each other to get a shot of the inside of the house through a slit in the curtain.

Through shaky breathes that I'm using to try and control my tears, I shove my phone at him, watching as he stares at it in disbelief, my stomach dropping at his expression.

His eyes scan over the photos of us kissing in the station wagon last night, each one more clear than the last, making it more than obvious to the world that it's Harry Styles and Belle Granger.

"How did they find my house?" I quickly stand to match Harry who's shoulders sag as he continues to scroll. My teeth find their way to my chipped red nails and begin biting down harshly on them.

"They must have followed us. Whoever took this must have fucking followed us!" He seethes, making me jump what feels like five feet in the air at the volume of his voice. "I'm sorry, darling," he softens just as quickly as he angered, rushing forward and pulling me into his chest.

I shake like a leaf against him, fully knowing that whatever storm surrounding me the last few days was just the beginning. Back then, considering it seems like a lifetime ago despite it being anything but, I was the girl suspected of breaking a celebrity relationship who told the world she didn't.

Now I'm the girl who lied. They've got solid proof now.

They say the eye of the storm is the worst place to be, and that's where I've just set up permanent residence.

The only thing keeping me sane is Harry's comforting presence and the reassurances slipping from his tongue, but there's no telling what is going to happen when management gets involved- when my personal life gets dragged into this.

God only knows.