6

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

The sky is a crisp blue, flanked with birds of all shapes and sizes, singing loudly as they glide through a cloudless blue backdrop. A bright ball of fire beams down on the world that orbits around it, heating up the cement to such an ungodly temperature that the skin upon one's feet would burn my simply walking upon it.

Wildflowers line the roadways, adding pops of color to an otherwise dull existence, providing beauty to something that holds none. The summertime butterflies provide hope of a new beginning, representing the regrowth of nature after a dead winter. Sunflowers, my favorite flower, bloom in the dead of the season, symbolizing adoration, loyalty, and strength. Some would say they're an omen of many blessings to come.

Summer is long days, endless nights, t-shirts that fall mid thigh, singing your lungs out in the backseat, and seatbelts so hot they burn your fingers. Ice cream that melts as soon as the heat hits it, the sudden need to keep a bathing suit in the backseat of your car, salty ocean air, and the smell of sunscreen mixing with chlorine are all just some of the reasons that summer is my favorite season.

Music from my summer playlist blasts from the house's speaker system, I Only Wanna Be With You by the Bay City Rollers bringing joy to the party taking place outside by the pool.

Charles and Celia left for the day, saying that they had some very important arrangements to make, whatever that means. I'm just glad that for the first time all summer, I get the house to myself.

Usually I would keep it that way and lay around in my sweatpants, watching a movie and eating everything in sight. But today I felt like doing something a little different. However I'm slightly regretting it now at the sound of Harry Styles screaming like a little girl, followed by a loud splash and contagious laughter from four other boys.

   I run from the kitchen where I was pouring myself a glass of lemonade and find Liam standing over Harry who is currently drenched in the pool and fully clothed.

   "Liam, did you push him in? And here I was thinking you were the responsible one!" I stand with my hands on my hips and a sarcastic grin on my face, but where the boys would usually say something equally as sarcastic back, they all just stare w...

"Liam, did you push him in? And here I was thinking you were the responsible one!" I stand with my hands on my hips and a sarcastic grin on my face, but where the boys would usually say something equally as sarcastic back, they all just stare with wide open mouths.