"Yes, she did come by," Minhyuk said, avoiding eye contact.

Hyungwon looked around the table. "Okay, when was that? I was here all day yesterday. I mean I don't really have anywhere to go, you know? When did she come by for a second meeting?"

"When you were asleep," Minhyuk said.

Hyungwon paused, thinking carefully about what he heard. His clan had a meeting without him. He didn't understand. It didn't make sense. He was apart of the MX clan and therefore he should have been informed of the meeting. There was no reason for them to leave him out of the meeting.

"Why did you have a meeting when I was asleep?" Hyungwon asked. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

Wonho looked at him. "We don't want you to worry. You should focus on recovering."

"Recovering from what?" he asked. "My time at the council? But—I don't understand. What does that have to do with you all having a meeting without me? Why didn't anyone tell me anything?"

"You aren't going to be involved with any of the plans, so there is no reason you should attend any of the meetings."

Hyungwon turned toward Kihyun, a frown on his lips. The older vampire held eye contact with him, a serious expression on his face. He broke eye contact and looked at Shownu, curious. Kihyun didn't know what he was talking about. Obviously, the other vampire was making things up. Shownu would tell him the truth. A sigh left Shownu's lips as he looked at him.

"Tell me he is wrong," Hyungwon said.

Shownu shook his head. "He isn't."

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. His clan didn't want to include him in the plans. It hurt to think they didn't want him around. As soon as he learned his friends were captured, he vowed to help in any way he could. Jooheon, Gunhee, and Yugyeom didn't deserve to be prisoners of the council. He had to rescue them.

"But," Hyungwon said, voice wavering. "They are my friends. I should be involved."

"No, you can't," Shownu said.

Silence fell across the table. No one dared to speak another word. Hyungwon nibbled at lips, fingers shaking. All he cared about was the news he just heard. His friends meant the world to him. Although, he didn't know Yugyeom long, he considered him a friend as well. There was no way he was going to be excluded from the plans. He had to help.

"We may not have a solid plan in place, but I don't have to know the details to understand it'll be dangerous. We don't want you to get hurt. You've suffered enough," Shownu said.

"Oh, okay," Hyungwon said, shoulders slouching. "So, I guess you think I'm weak?"

"We don't think you are weak," Wonho said.

"Please don't lie to me," Hyungwon said. "I know I'm not as strong but I'm a sixth vampire that means something, so I want to help. Let me come."

"No," Shownu said, shaking his head. "You'll stay behind. We are going to see if we can find someone to protect you while we are gone."

Hyungwon's eyes widened.

"Protect me? I don't need to be protected. I know I can help. It may not seem like it now, but I know I can."

Kihyun crossed his arms, leaning forward. "Hyungwon, you aren't fit. Remember that you aren't well. I mean you aren't drinking any blood. And we know you are hurting. Imagine what would happen if we allowed you to be a part of this plan?"

Hyungwon shrugged. "We'd win."

Jackson snorted, earning a glare from JB. Hyungwon would have laughed but he felt insulted. Yes, he was exhausted. Every day had become a struggle to get out of bed because of his extreme fatigue and aching body. But he wouldn't let anything stop him from saving his friends.