Shit. Tine put his head in his hands out of sheer frustration, tugging at the hair. Their relationship had somehow gotten a life of its own, developing faster than the assimilation of their feelings, when the publicity and their friends pushed them harshly together like that.

Thanks guys, but really no thanks.

There were still kinks that they needed to work out but all the attention that they were getting from all sorts of sources was weaving an invisible web around them, putting a suffocating strain on their blossoming relationship. Sarawat and Tine just needed time to get to know one another anew and learn how to view things from each other's perspective.

His phone, strategically placed within close proximity, vibrated and lit up with an incoming notification. Fucking finally. He had been waiting, starving for any contact from his boyfriend during the whole morning, walking around the office like a zombie.

Tine knew that he was not being fair here, but he just could not muster up enough courage to be the first one to break their eerie silence. Sarawat had looked so hurt. A message was surely not enough. What could Tine even write to appease him?

Tine inclined his head, reading the message preview on the screen, his eyebrows arching.

Sarawat:

come stay at my place, I don't want you to be alone at your apartment

Seriously? This was what Sarawat chose to send as an icebreaker? Tine huffed frustratingly. And here he was, worried that he had broken Sarawat's fragile heart. Tine flippantly turned the phone face down on the desk without opening the message, not wanting to see the daunting notification on the screen any longer.

Mixed feelings ran through him, happy that Sarawat had actually reached out an olive branch but also vexed since he was apparently not willing to drop the topic. It was almost humiliating how little Sarawat seemed to think of Tine's own ability to take care of himself. He rubbed his eyes tiredly. Sarawat's self righteous behavior drove Tine a little mad.

However he was not just some random dude, he was Tine's boyfriend, his mind supplied. Surely Sarawat wanted what was best for Tine? Why not listen at least to what he had to say?

The phone vibrated again, breaking his train of thought and Tine rushed to grab it, hoping for a sweeter message from his boyfriend, however it was just a sulky jab from Green.

Green:

Can you guys stop bragging about your relationship? It makes me doubt my love for Dim.

[link embedded]

Tine:

yeah, you should break up already and stop COMPLAINING

Green:

😡

Btw have you heard anything from the police yet?

Tine:

No

We have to call the guys together to brainstorm

Green:

Yas! I'm always up for helping my babies

Tine shook his head in exasperation. Green needed to chill and stop living vicariously through Tine's relationship. He cared more about the gossip than Tine himself did and he was the one receiving all the hate mail. Still not being able to contain his curiosity, Tine clicked on the attached link in Green's message, opening up an online celebrity gossip magazine. Ah, he should have been able to foresee this. The headline flashed at him instantly.