Chapter 12 - Panic

Start from the beginning

Elio seemed to enjoy himself too, laughing over Senn's funny dances, or when he downed to beers straight, burping loudly under cheering from a bunch of strangers that liked his energy enough to cheer for his crazy attitude.

"Wanna move to the next party?" Elio asked with amusement evident in his words. "Or do you want to stick to this club?"

"This is fine," Senn slurred his words, bumping into Elio before he laughed. "They like me here. Nobody likes me nowadays."

"I do," Elio replied, sounding a little too serious for Senn's drunk mind to actually comprehend what he said.

"Harold has weed," Senn ignored his reply without noticing he did, pointing towards a shabby looking guy who seemed high out of his mind already. "We're gonna smoke. You coming?"

"I don't... smoke weed," Elio frowned, following Senn nonetheless.

Senn tried to make weird sounds that should describe what Senn thought of that fact; Elio was a party-pooper. Yet, he was glad Elio followed them out of the club and into an alley, where Harold and a girl offered him a pre-rolled joint.

"Have you ever tried?" Senn asked, offering him the joint. "It's a really fun feeling."

"It stinks," Elio protested, causing Senn to laugh along with Harold and his lady friend. "But okay, I'll try. If you say it's good..."

Senn nodded—though uncoordinated—and smiled when Elio took the joint, took a drag, and handed it back to Senn.

"You gotta take a few drags, else it's useless."

Senn watched Elio smoke his first joint, feeling highly amused. Elio seemed to actually enjoy being stoned as soon as he started feeling the effects, and even impressed Senn by blowing out a circle, that Harold destroyed by slapping it out of the air. Harold and the girl soon left after that, since Elio had repeated the trick and Harold got annoyed because he couldn't do it, al the while Senn kept laughing over them. Senn and Elio laughed together while they watched Harold walk away. When Senn stopped laughing, he noticed Elio—standing very close—smile at him in content.

"What?" Senn asked, still hiccupping a bit.

"I haven't seen you smile as much as you smiled tonight."

Senn felt his face heat up, and his laughter all but once ended while he was staring right into Elio's deep blue eyes. He felt tingles run across his skin when Elio smiled ever so slightly wider than before.

Senn swallowed heavily.

"What's wrong?" Elio asked, as the staring continued for a good minute without Senn saying anything.

"You have the prettiest eyes I've ever seen, you know?" Senn whispered, and he noticed Elio's smile drop, and his Adam's apple to bop up and down.

"Funny," Elio drawled in a whisper. "That's exactly what I thought the first time you looked at me."

Senn swallowed again, when he felt Elio step close enough for his breath to fan his face. Senn shortly bit his lip when Elio's hand found his, and he entwined their fingers. Breathing was suddenly heavy, and he wanted to kiss Elio so badly.

But a big part of him also didn't want to end the tension, because it felt so good he felt addicted to it.

They were drunk and high; both of them. Senn had no issue whatsoever with a drunk make out session for the sake of fun. But he had no idea if Elio was up for it. He hadn't even expected Elio to be into guys in the first place.

Yet, here he was, holding his hand, staring at him with an intense look that nearly set Senn on fire.

Without giving Senn another second to doubt or wonder, Elio placed his other hand in his neck, and connected their lips in a sweet, gentle kiss.

One that made Senn's heart race.

He released Elio's hand, only to place his arms around his neck and push their bodies together, for as far as possible. Elio whimpered softly, pushing Senn against a wall while the kiss was deepened, growing more desperate each second.

But when Elio moaned when Senn tugged his hair, his mind took him on a detour, and he suddenly couldn't think about anything but Julian moaning whenever he did that. Or Julian, who dug his fingers in his skin like Elio did just then. Or Julian, who bit his lip, like Elio did...

"Stop!" Senn pushed Elio away, staring at him with wide eyes, panting for air. "I—I can't... We can't." And with those words, Senn got away from Elio as fast as physically possible, while tears already streamed down his face before he managed to exit the alley.

He hoped at least one thing was erased from his mind after the accident. But apparently, his heart hadn't exactly forgotten about his unrequited love for Julian, even if the other boy was on the other side of the country, enjoying college, while he was here, trying to deal with the mess that was called life.

 But apparently, his heart hadn't exactly forgotten about his unrequited love for Julian, even if the other boy was on the other side of the country, enjoying college, while he was here, trying to deal with the mess that was called life

*** Please, comment and vote ***

*** Please share this story with your friends if you enjoy reading it! ***

*** I'm very sad at the low numbers for this story :( :( ***

*** Hope y'all are enjoying it. #thegayiscoming ***

Love, June