~Donatelloxreader~ 5 am

#16

Request: @totally_weird

Word count: 451

Prompt: 20. "it's five am." "i know."

Universe: series

Age: 16

Status: crushes

Note/Warning: Donnie is still a bean🥺

Donatello made his way to Y/n's balcony.

He had a machine in his hand that he's been making for a while now. But that wasn't the reason why he came over. He was about to knock, hand in a fist, wrist bent, as it just needed to lean forward to make a sound, he stopped.
He contemplated if this was a good idea. Should he really come in, early in the morning.

He had no choice!

The thought of her was bugging him for the last two weeks. Dreaming about her, wanting to kiss her, admiring her whenever she came over the lair. She clouded his mind. He needed to tell her how he felt. He just needed to.
With a strong exhale, he knocked on the window.

Y/n's peaceful sleep was disturbed by a knocking on her window. She woke up groggily, her hand rubbing her eye as she stood up. She opened her curtains, coming face to face with the purple masked turtle who gave her a small wave. Her eyes widen, making her more awake than before.
Her stomach churned in delight of seeing the turtle.
It was no doubt she liked him. But she was slightly angry and confused that he was interrupting her sleep. She opened the window.

He gave a slight wave, "hi."

"What do you need, Donnie?" She asked, yawning in the process, indicating that she was still tired. He blushed, trying to know what to phrase but nothing came out of his mouth.

He gulped, shoving his invention in front of her, "do you like this?"

She looked at him deadpanned. She then glanced at her bed side table, groaning at the time. "It's five am."

He nodded, "I know."

"Donatello, is there another reason why you woke me up early in the morning? I know damn well it's not because of your inventions," she crossed her arms impatiently.

He then sighed, "I just wanted to confess that I- I like you...like like you. It may even be love. I think I love you," he looked away shyly, scared to meet her gaze.

Y/n smiled, squealing in the process as she threw her arms around the purple clad's neck. "I love you too." Donnie felt as though he were on cloud nine. The days he longed, waiting for her to say it. The days he dreamed of her saying it back.

It was finally real.

He hugged her waist with such passion as well, returning the love. He was so glad he made the first move.

"Oh, and Donnie, this will be the last time you'll wake me up this early. Also, your invention kinda broke."

"Aw sewer apples!"