Child!RaphaelxChild!reader~Spike

#8

Request: me

Word count: 661

Universe: 2012

Age: 11

Status: Strangers

Note/warnings: Cute Raph. I'm over here writing drabbles when I should be doing requests.
Date: Sep/23/19

Splashes were heard as Raph went to blow off his daily steam.

He wasn't really mad at any one.
He was mad at himself.

He hated how he gets angry at everyone and everything. He didn't want to, but he just did. And he wasn't proud of it.
He would prefer if he just replied calmly instead of lashing out at whomever irritated him. He wished that it could've been dealt differently. But all he does is throw insults.
It doesn't make the other turtle feel good, nor himself. He wanted to hug his brothers and bury the hatchet.
Now, they saw him as the tough guy. No one could go through his tough skin, no emotions but anger involved. He liked the idea. He did so much that he wasn't allowed to smile  (let alone laugh) at Mikey's jokes. He couldn't praise Leonardo for trying his hardest. He couldn't certainly admit that Donnie was always right.
Their had to be some feud going on whenever his brothers talked.
Soon enough, it became his personality.

Splinter had advised the young hothead to let him relax and take a stroll.
He kicked the sewage in anger. If only he could control his actions.
"You shouldn't be in the water," a voice spoke. Raph was in alert, he made sure the human had not seen him as he hid behind a pipe.
"Why are you hiding mr.turtle?" The young girl tilted her head in confusion. Raph didn't know what to do, he would usually ask Splinter, but Splinter didn't tell them what to do if they were seen by a young girl.

"B-because I'm ugly and someone you shouldn't be friends with," he replied. He hated his personality and his looks. He never told anyone, he just knew that the life above wouldn't accept him. For some reason this girl did.

"I think you're cute!" She cooed. Raph slowly peaked out of his hiding spot as he cheeks glowed red. Her face caught his attention immediately. He thought the same.
He thought she was cute.
Looking down at her hands was a tortoise. That caught his attention immediately.

"Is that a turtle?"

"Tortoise," She corrected. He brushed her off as he stepped closer to her, bending down so he could see the tortoise better.
"Isn't neat?"

"What are you doing here?" He stood up to meet her eye to eye. He was slightly taller so he had to look down.
"You shouldn't be in the sewers. It's dangerous."

"If you're here, I'm here." She huffed. She then started to frown and look down at her pet.
"Besides, I'm moving tomorrow and I'm not allowed to bring him with me. So I thought that I could leave it here in the sewers."

"Or with me," Raph grinned slightly. Y/n didn't know about his 'badboy' act, so he was allowed to act as soft as he wanted.
"I could take care of him for you," he shrugged slightly. Y/n's grin was from ear to ear, glad that someone was willing to nourish him. None of her friends wanted to take care of him due to him not looking cute.

"Really?!" She jumped then set Spike down for a second before she jumped on him. Raph haven't had a hug for a long time. He missed the warmth and comfort that it brought every time he would embrace someone.
She was just full of joy and was exactly what he needed. Raphael slowly wrapped his arms around her frail body and nuzzled his head into her shoulder.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you..." she had realized that she didn't catch his name.

"Raph." He finished her sentence, still hugging her. When she let go, the red clad was already missing her embrace.

"Raph," she tested the name.
"I like it. I'm Y/n."

Raphael bent down to pick up the tortoise and held him close.
"What did you say his name was?"

"Spike."