"Rylee" I hear him saying but it sounds faint. 

"Rylee what happened" he keeps screaming as he runs towards me

Charlie comes near me first to catch my first fall.  James came shortly after to fully carry me. I briefly heard Charlie explain our journey until I gave into the darkness.
———————————————————————
I woke up on a soft bed in a room I recognized in Alpha James house that I have stayed at before. There is an IV hooked up to my arm which I carefully remove, already seeing my bruises and cuts healed. 

I stand up noticing there is a spare clothes and a towel near the bathroom which I take advantage of and clean the filth off of me.  As I rinse myself under the hot water my thoughts go to Adrian.  I lightly touch my body pretending to mimic his movements.   My thoughts suddenly turn dark thinking of our latest encounter which feels like ages ago.

I start to wonder if a relationship can every work knowing we have our rejected mates around. I feel a tears roll down my eyes as they blend into the water stream. 

Even after my small breakdown I just want to run into the only man that has wanted me. Fought for me. Fucked me. Made love to me.

As I dry off and get dressed I start to hear loud voices near by. I quietly open my door to observe the commotion. 

"Where the fuck is she?"

"Adrian calm down. James said she's taking care of her and I trust him"

"She has a mate, kind of. Do you think her wolf needs him?", I recognize Zac asking 

"That's not her fucking mate.  I can help her heal. We have a connection" Adrian growls out.

"My beta followed me here. He said he just needs to see her"

"I think the fair thing to do will be to ask Rylee what she wants. I will be right back"

I hear a growl and then both Zac and Sam shouting out to calm down.   I run back into the room talking everything in.  The first thing I want to do is see Adrian. And the last thing I want to do is see Nathan.

A moment later Alpha James knocks on the door so I let him in.

"You're looking much better" he smiles to me with his shiny green eyes.

"Thanks to you"

"I'm guessing you heard our little Alpha argument" I laugh lightly at his way to lighten the mood.

"You haven't found your mate yet right?" I ask knowing we have had friendly conversations about our mates before.

"Not yet" he responds with a hint of sadness.

"Before you judge me please understand I tried with my mate. It just didn't...."

"Rylee I would never judge you. I may think Adrian is a bit of a hothead but he definitely loves you"

"Wait you think he loves me" I just up from surprise

James smirks at me, "The man tried to fight me on my own territory to see you. Is it so hard to believe people fall in love with you"

In my head I remind myself that I have been rejected by two mates so yes it is hard to believe.  Sometimes I regretted being a warrior because I didn't feel feminine enough. Kind enough. Soft enough.  I just wanted someone to admire me for my strength. 

I jump into James' arms thanking him for just being his kind self knowing the moon goddess will bless him with his soulmate.

Unfortunately at the same time I hear a pounding at the door and see Adrian walk in with murderous eyes.

"I leave you two alone" James casual says while walking out.

I freeze in place feeling the air thicken around us.

"Rylee", he growls out while stepping forward to me.  I squeal once he makes it to me and grabs my thighs to lift me up.  I instantly wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

He throws me on the bed near by with some force, clearly still angry.  He crawls on top of me and grabs my wrists to hold over my head.

"Everyone man needs to know you're mine.  Tell me why I shouldn't mark you right here, right now" 

"Do it", I whisper. I see a hint of surprise in his eyes not thinking I would agree. "I want you. I want to be selfish and be yours. Mark me right here, right now"

Adrian growls his approval before claiming my lips in a heated kiss. I kiss him back which equal intensity. After he successfully kisses, licks, and sucks my lips until they are perfectly swollen.

My pleasure is short lived once Adrian leaps off the bed. The familiar feeling of rejection hits me strong. I look up to see Adrian breathing heavy with a stressful frown and a painful look of regret.