not to me

"Erin, please, talk to me. Is he mine?" I asked, again. "Jay..." was the only word that came out of her mouth. "Why didn't you tell me before?" I said, as she replied "I thought you wouldn't want it".

She thought I wouldn't want it?? Why? All this questions were accumulating in my mind. How could Erin be so selfish?? 

"First, you leave without saying goodbye; and now I find out that you were pregnant. How could you do this to me?" I said. 

"You were the one that broke up with me, Jay; and a baby was definitely not in the plans. But I was pregnant, and I was leaving, so I decided to have him, and I didn't want to force you into this..." Erin said and continued "... I tried telling you many times, but I couldn't, and then I had to leave, so I left".

"Why didn't you tell me after you had left?" I replied "You should had told me, Erin. He is my son, not just yours".

"I know, and I'm sorry, but I thought I wouldn't see you again" she said. "Are you mad?"

"Of course I'm mad. I've been mad at you for four years and two months" I answered. "I don't want to but you never said goodbye, and that hurt, still does."

"I wanted to, I really did, but things were complicated, to say the least. And you and I, we weren't even together. And I thought it would be easier that way" She said. 

"Well, it wasn't. Not to me" I replied.