Chapter 20

Fives pov

I walked after the droid. I wiped my tears away. He leads me to a door far down the hall. "In there" it says before walking away. I enter the room, I kept my head down to hide my tears. Clones weren't supposed to show emotion.

"Welcome fives, I suggest you lift your head" I heard General Windu day. "Sir yes sir" I said lifting my head up. I looked around the room. I saw General yoda, General kenobi, and general mace looking at me. "I'm sorry that I failed, I couldn't save her" I said.

"No need to be sorry fives" I head general kenobi say. I looked at him sad. Even if they didn't blame me, I still blamed myself.

A few moments later General k (I'm getting lazy and don't want to keep writing the full name) stepped to the side to revel a smiling Togruta smiling at me. She was sitting on a medical bed.

I rub my eyes, I must be dreaming or seeing somthing wrong. I opened my eyes to still see the young woman still there.

She opens her arms and I hug her. I squeeze her tight. She winces a little. "Sorry" I said leaving the hug. After a few minutes it hits me, she's supposed to be dead.

"Um wait a minute aren't you supposed to be like dead" I asked. She laughed. "Well, the council saw that my near death experience would be a good time to make me go under cover. So they told everyone I'm dead." She siad wxplaining. I nod still confused.

"Can you leave us for a minute"ahsoka asks the council. They all nod their heads and leave. Some it's just me and ahsoka. "So im not complaining but why do I know your not dead" I asked confused.

"Well the council said I could tell one person and I chose you" she says smiling. "Ok, not that I'm complaining or anything, but why me?" I ask.

"Well, I need Rex and anakin to believe I'm dead, Cause If one of them isn't sad, people are gonna notice, and then this plan would never work. And I know people don't get that suspicious if you act a little like yourself, Also, your pretty good at acting" she said. She's right, me and her were both good at acting. Me and her used to make little plays together.

"And I need someone to make sure rex and anakin don't do anything stupid if you know what I mean" she said frowning. I nodded. At rexs state, he may do somthing to be with her again.

"Speaking of Rex and anakin, how are they taking my death" she asked. "Well.......... Rex was currently crying in a corner when I left him, we had just finished showing him pictures of you guys together." I said. "Oh and dogma knows about you and Rex" I said whispering I didn't want any of the council to hear since they were most likely listening in. She nods sadly. "So he's not taking it good?"she asked.

"Nope, he keeps saying you promised and how he just got you back. We spent like 30 minutes of just going through pictures of you guys. Ahsoka, he is really beating him self up. I think he will still be crying until you get back." I said. Ahsoka nods sadly. "And anakin" she asked. "He stayed strong for Rex, he is still very sad, but he is just trying to stay strong for Rex. Rex took it the hardest." I said sadly. "Do you think he will forgive me when I come back from the dead?" She asked as a tear fell from her eye.

"Ahsoka, of course he will. He kept saying how he wished he could see you again, cuddle you, kiss you, and hear your laugh again" I said. She smiled a little. "Ok well fives, take care of Rex for me" she said before I left. I had to go back to rex.

Time skip to after the mission finished (I'm not very good at writing that kind of stuff, so it's just gonna be time skip to after the mission)

Rex pov

I walked to my quarters keeping my head down, we had successfully saved the chancellor. Once I reached my quarters I closed the door behind me. I slowly took my armer and helmet off. I place them on my desk. I pick up my hoodie. The same one ahsoka wore. It's been a week since ahsokas death and im not any better.