Chapter 46: Another one

Start from the beginning

Jaemin slightly nodded.

"And it is Haechan. I mean, I don't know, what he thinks about it but he didn't seem completely disgusted by the fact that we were making out. So don't worry, okay?", Jeno gently caressed Jaemin's cheek.

"Okay", Jaemin breathed and with one final peck, the boys left the room.

Later that evening, Jaemin and Jeno finally heard the bell ringing, which they were waiting so long for.

Jeno opened the door and Haechan entered with a small "hi".

Haechan nervously looked around the living room and Jaemin gestured him to sit down.

"Okay", Haechan breathed. "Is it okay to talk now?", he asked, and looked around again.

"Chenle and Jisung are grocery shopping. It will take them a long time, since we put some things on the list, they probably never heard of. Maybe they would, if they would cook more often. Anyways, yeah, they will be gone for some time. And Renjun- well Renjun is in his room.", Jaemin explained.

Haechan raised a questioning eyebrow.

"What if he hears us?", Haechan asked.

"He already knows", Jaemin mumbled.

"Knows what?", Haechan was still confused.

"About us.", Jeno spoke up for the first time. "He knows about us. That we are together. That we are in a relationship."

The room fell silent.

No one spoke another word.

And then Haechan suddenly laughed silently. "Are you for real?", he asked with wide eyes.

Jaemin slightly nodded. He was afraid that Haechan didn't liked what he just heard.

"Wow.", Haechan said. "I mean-"
Another short break before- "How could you tell Renjun before me?", Haechan asked in a gasp.

Jaemin and Jeno looked at him with wide eyes.
"That is the thing, that bothers you?", Jaemin asked incredulous.

"I mean- yeah", Haechan nodded with determination. "Why was he allowed to know and I wasn't?", Haechan then shook his head.

Jaemin blinked twice before his iconic "What?", left his lips.

Jeno slowly came back to his senses too. "So you just found out that we are in a relationship. And the only thing that matters for you right now, is that we didn't tell you but Renjun?"

Haechan nodded again. "Duh. I am happy for you, don't get me wrong. But I feel so betrayed right now."

"I can't believe you", Jeno shook his head, slightly laughing.

"You are happy for us?", Jaemin asked, still unsure.

And then Haechan realized, how afraid the two boys really were for his reaction.

He gestured for Jeno to sit down next to him on the couch, he and Jaemin were sitting on. Then he carefully put his hands on both of their knees.

He took a deep breath and then started speaking. "I already guessed a long time ago that you two have feelings for one another. I mean, I could have been wrong. But I know heart eyes, when I see them." He looked first at Jaemin and then at Jeno.

"That didn't mean, you know about the feelings yourself, of course. Or that you are together or would get together at some point. But I- I think I kind of believed, no more like hoped, that you would get together.", he took his hands off their knees and started fidgeting with them.

"Because for me, it doesn't matter if you are two boys. Or a boy and a girl. Or two girls. Or whatever. As long as you are happy and in love, I hope you will fight for it. I want you to be happy. And I can see that you are.", Haechan sighed.

"Of course, I was shocked, when I saw you today. But I kind of always have guessed it. And also, I had a lot of time to think about it today. And there is nothing bothering me, no. I'm happy for you. And of course, I will keep it a secret. It also makes me happy to see you two together because-", but Haechan didn't finish the sentence. Couldn't finish the sentence.

"Because what?", Jaemin asked softly and started caressing Haechan's hair. He felt that something was wrong with the older, so he directly tried his best to comfort him.

Also Jeno seemed to realize it. The oldest of the boys scooted a little bit closer and put a reassuring hand on Haechan's leg.

"No forget it, I-", Haechan tried to stand up but Jaemin gently pushed him back down on the couch.

"Tell us. You know our secret, we will keep yours.", Jaemin promised and Jeno nodded to reassure him that Jaemin's words were true.

"I-", Haechan took a deep breath. "Because it gives me hope. Because- no it is stupid.", Haechan shook his head but when he looked at the two boys, they looked at him with a face, that said 'you can trust us'.

"Because-", Haechan started again. "Because I have feelings for someone. And it gave me hope that we also could be together. Because you show that it is possible. But for that, he would have to have feelings for me and he will never. So, yeah, this will never happen.", Haechan looked at his hands that were still fidgeting.

"Will you tell us the name of the boy?", Jaemin asked gently.

"You don't have to. But maybe it will be good for you to finally speak about it. And we are here to listen.", Jeno nudged Haechan's cheek.

"It is Mark", Haechan breathed, trusting the two boys in love enough to admit it.

Jaemin looked at Jeno, who looked back with the same expression.
Mark was really not someone, who you would assume to be gay or bisexual. So they understood, why Haechan was so pessimistic about it.

Haechan didn't even realized that he started crying, until Jaemin gently wiped a tear away.

They didn't say anything after that. They knew that Haechan wasn't in a really optimistic situation. So they did the only thing, they could do at the moment: comforting Haechan.

Jeno pulled the younger in a tight hug, and Jaemin caressed his back.

They stayed by his side till Haechan calmed down. And then they slowly brought the sad boy to Jaemin's room, where he laid down on the bed.

Jaemin went to the door to say goodbye to Jeno.

"I will take care of him. We will probably not eat with you tonight. I think all he needs right now, is someone at his side and a lot of cuddles.", Jaemin explained.

"And your cuddles are the best", Jeno smiled and made Jaemin blush.

"I will bring you two food later but now, just take care of him", Jeno said.

"I will", Jaemin answered and with one final peck, Jeno left the two younger boys alone.

That night, Haechan and Jaemin talked about Mark. It was good for Haechan to talk about his feeling. Even if they were unrequited.

When Jeno brought them food, he also stayed with them for a while and joined their talking.

That night, Haechan fell asleep in Jaemin's bed with a lighter heart.
It was good to finally talk about his feelings.
And he couldn't be more thankful for such great friends.

Jaemin and Jeno were just as happy to have someone else accepting them, just the way they are.