I didn't know the men who had picked us up, so I didn't bother speaking. Instead, I closed my eyes and crossed my fingers that Gabriel held onto that phone.

When the car came to a stop, I opened my eyes. It was a very small cabin, probably the size of a trailer. The men dragged both of us out of the car and into the cabin. The only thing I managed to see was the downward slope that started behind the cabin.

We were instructed to sit as soon as we were inside. There were two chairs for Nicolas and I, a small coffee table and two more chairs in front. Ye-jun was sitting in one of them, his eyes bloodshot and his fists clenched to the point they looked white. The other seat was empty. I felt myself gulping hard. It was probably Jung-hee's chair. Myung stood to Ye-jun's right, arms crossed. To my left were Gabriel and Ash sitting on the floor. They weren't tied, but didn't move. Two guns were pointed on each head. I was shoved roughly to my seat, but didn't say a word. It felt like a good moment to bite my tongue.

"내 동생은 죽었다." Ye-jun began, his voice low but not in whispers. His voice dripped with power and fervor. Myung made a motion to translate, but Ye-jun held his hand up. Myung stood quiet. (My brother is dead.)

"그는 우리가 너를 믿어야 한다고 말했다. 그는 그것을 증명하기 위해 개인적으로 갈 것이라고 말했다. 그는 확실히 뭔가를 증명했다." He looked between me and Nicolas, eyes practically shaking in anger. I couldn't say anything; not only because I didn't understand what he was saying, but because I understand the pain. I understand that when you lose someone that close, logicality and understanding don't come. Anger and frustration mixed in with the grief are the only feelings to exist. (He said we should trust you. He said he would go personally to prove it. He certainly proved something.)

"우리가 아니었다. 우린 아무 관계도 없었어요, 성 선생님." I was once again surprised to hear Nicolas speak. His voice resembled the understanding I felt. The softness and pleading of it. They say there is no room for heart in this line of business, when there's too many occasions in which heart is the only way. (It wasn't us. We had nothing to do with it, Mr. Seong.)

I huffed. This was fucking ridiculous. "We didn't do it." I looked over to Myung. "Tell him we didn't do it. You saw! They were shooting at us, too. We didn't have anything to do with it."

"I already told him that," Myung said. "He doesn't care."

I gave up, standing. Guns pointed at my head, but I walked up to Ye-jun. "I know you understand me, so listen. Your brother's death wasn't our fault. This is part of their tricks, they are turning us against each other. Veronica, Nicolas' sister called us. She said someone helped them escape. She also said there was a Korean girl with them. I'm positive it's Aera. They are headed here as we speak and we need the phone to communicate. Unless you never want to see your daughter again, believe us."

Ye-jun stood up, towering over me by God knows how much. "Myung," he waited and looked me dead in the eye. They looked dead. "Hang her."

I felt my eyes widen as he said the words. I turned to Myung, who stepped up immediately. His movements were hesitant, but obedient nonetheless. He walked to me slowly, face emotionless. 

"뭐 하는 거야?" Nicolas stood up, the chair flying behind him and slamming against the door. He didn't move another inch before two men grabbed him from each side and pressed a gun at the center of his forehead. (What are you doing?)

I turned back to Myung just in time to see him grab me by the throat, his hand big enough to nearly wrap around my entire neck. He pulled me back and didn't let go despite my kicking and wheezing. I couldn't think straight, too busy trying to breathe. The screams and chaos in the back was mere background noise the sound of my heartbeat in my ears, slowly increasing to the point I felt even more spent from its speed. To the point I felt it all the way to the tips of my toes and fingers.