I've always loved my mother's eyes. So much so that when I look in the mirror, I can't help but peer at my own, thankful that the universe gave me at least one beautiful feature. The only difference is that with Jane, her eyes bear all. Whatever she's feeling, her eyes will show.

When the musicians start playing and the ceremony starts, I can't help the strange feeling that washes over me. I guess it's disappointment, but I'm not really sure. It could be anger.

Jane must notice my face fall, because she instantly reaches over and clasps our fingers together, giving me a tight lipped smile and my hand a light squeeze. I'm really thankful she's here right now, because I'm not sure I'd make it through this without her.

As if it's not already enough that I have to watch my father who I used to love, marry the woman I caught him fucking on the kitchen counter when I got home from school in the sixth grade, now I have to sit through it without the people that I need more than anything.

Everyone stands, including my mother who has to pull me begrudgingly from my seat to stand for the bitch- I mean bride. Celia does look beautiful, almost angelic as she walks the aisle with grace. If only her halo wasn't so good at hiding her horns.

Celia steals a glance at Jane, an emotion that I can't decipher radiating from her bright blue eyes. If I didn't know any better I'd say it's jealousy, but what does my mother have for Celia to be jealous of? The blonde Barbie has the man, the money, and the seemingly endless youth thanks to plastic surgery. My mother has none of that, but lives happily as if she does.

Maybe that's the difference. Celia is jealous, because my mother has a heart so pure that it holds no resentment. My mother is a saint who has never held an ounce of hatred for Celia despite Jane having every reason on planet earth to despise her. I think that simple fact absolutely terrifies my stepmother, and because of that lack of hostility between the two, it forces Celia to feel guilty.

She should feel fucking guilty.

As the ceremony seems to drag on for ages once we all take our seats, the drawling voice of the priest mixing with the gentle music being played by the band nearly puts me to sleep. It's only when I notice the strange looks the bridesmaids are giving to something behind me that I feel my body wake up. There can only be one, or five, reasons that the women in awful frilly pink dresses would be staring at the back of the pews like that, staring as if they can't believe their eyes.

Jane notices it too, squeezing my hand tightly again as we both turn over our shoulders and see them. My frown is instantly replaced with the largest smile that's probably ever graced my face, radiating beams so bright that I practically put the sun to shame.

So much joy swells in my chest at seeing them that my entire being starts to vibrate with giddiness, causing me to nearly jump over the back of the pew and run towards the boys who are making a scene by dancing like idiots to the terribly romantic tune that the band quietly plays for dramatic effect as Celia said she wanted it.