The institution episode 24

Start from the beginning

****

"I wish I had a fail-safe to this world" Ivie wished in bed and Liam smiled. "Ivie the magician"
"A wand can donate the trick too." Ivie waved her hands, "One wave and everything will be okay. Can you believe he was stabbed like that, the police should be on this matter don't you think?" She asked and Liam shrugged.
"I don't know. I can't really judge this matter, I can only say that he might be at fault too, maybe he's a cultist" "Uki cannot be a cultist. He mentioned knowing you"
"Really? I never forget a face, what's his full name?"
"Um... You gave him a scholarship in his threw hundred level"
"Uki Benson" he answered and Ivie nodded, "I think so"
"He can't be a cultist, that boy is a bright guy"
"I know. That's my point exactly and I've been thinking of it all night"
"Even while we made love?" He asked bringing his lips close to hers and she chuckled.
"No. I really don't think of anything when...." She stalled then she cleared her throat, "It's just Bliss and pleasure" she answered and he brought his lips closer to hers.
"But you get my point right? I really want to help him investigate who did this and bring the person to book" Ivie interrupted and Liam laughed.
"The avid humanitarian"
"I can't help it, it's my addiction but people think I'm doing it to get the attention" she answered, "Aren't you?" He asked and she opened her mouth in shock.
"I was just..." Before he could finish his words, Ivie mounted on his belly pinching him then he tickled him and he laughed controllably staring at her bare boobs.
"I was just joking" he exclaimed.
"I was joking" he  added and he encircled her fingers around his chest.
"Apologize right now"
"I'm sorry Babe, I know you're addicted to doing good even if it's at the expense of your life and I love you for that" he answered and she kissed him on the lips slowly and he kissed her too moving his hands down to her waist then her phone rang.
Liam let's out a disappointing groan as she picked up the call. "Good morning Captain" she greeted surprised to see his call.
"Morning my journalist. I hope I didn't Interrupt your sleep" "No Sir"
"How was your night"
"It was nice Sir and yours?"
"I wish I can say the same for mine"
"Is everything okay Sir?"
"My nephew got attacked last night again, a masked guy came in with a gun" "Jesus? Is he okay?" She asked, "Yes" He answered and Ivie scoot over to the bed.
Liam noticed the change in her facial expression.
"I need your help Ivie, Uki is greatly in need of your help. I can't leave the hospital, can you come over?" he asked and Ivie agreed.

Ade went over to her home in the morning but she couldn't find her brother there. A female neighbor showed her where he could possibly be.
Ade knocked on the door and a young lady opened up in a crop brow top and a jean shorts. She was one of Titus' sex partners.
"Where Titus?" She barged in and  the lady remained outside.
Ade walked in to find him already awake, sitting on the bed in the one room apartment. "Why didn't you sleep at home?" She asked and he scoffed.
"Of everything that happened? That's the first thing you can ask?" He scoffed and she scoffed too.
"You dey mad? Na the reply wey I deserve be that shea?"
"Make we talk that talk, abeg leave that opening speech. If you wan beat me, beat me, if na slap you wan slap me, slap me."
"I don slap you, my hand sef don taya to slap you. Titus you know I don suffer for your head shea? Since you dey secondary school, since..." She hesitated, "All I've ever done is to make you ball have a good life. I dey suffer to make sure say una get good life!" she exclaimed in tears.
"You don kill person before?" She asked and he looked away. "I asked you a damn question"
"Yes!" He answered and Ade move back in horror.
"Why would you choose to repay me like this?" She busted into English again, "I send you go school, you dey carry knife and gun around dey kill people. Which time you start to dey kill?"
"You won't understand" he rose up.
"Oh please make me understand Titus! Please make some clarification, did I do anything wrong? Say na say the money way I dey give me no reach?"
"I no say you no get!" Titus snapped, "I know if it comes down to selling your liver to give us good lives, you'll do it! You dey try, no be say you no dey try sis, I wan make my own money"
"You no see Yahoo Yahoo do? People finish to fraud? Armed robbery no be work!"
"I no be armed robber" he answered looking away.
"Wehdone, wetin you be?" "You no go understand sister, I just wan make money"
"Shop finish for this world to go learn trade? Remember those times when you being wan go learn tailoring"
"That one na past, I wan be one of the big boys for town now, one day I go dey cruise around town with my Benz, no worry sister, you go see am. I go make your life better, you no go need to dey work as maid again, I go take the baton from your hand, I go con take care of my younger ones, take care of Maale"
"This isn't the right way Titus, this way can only lead to destruction and death"
"All die na die sister, all die na die and I ready to die, whether na tomorrow or today oh, I ready to die" he answered.
"Choose one, your family or that useless job" she proposed and he shook his head, "No give me that Kain choice abeg..."
Ade cleaned up her tears, "If you ever feel the need to change your mind," "No waste your breathe, just commot for town for the moment"
"I no go anywhere"
"Why you stubborn like this? I no wan kill my sister and if I no fit, them go send another person. If I lose you I go hate myself"
"I'm not leaving town, make them do their worst! Then you'll know that my death will be upon you"