"Yeah? Well hey, the feeling is mutual. I feel unlucky being stuck with you either!"

There was a short intense silence between them before Jennie spoke again.

"Do you even know her name?" Jennie said in a slightly calm tone.

"Why would I even tell you?" Lisa bluntly said as she crossed her arms, not looking at Jennie.

"And really, of all things why would you call me a cousin?"

"Do you even think I have a choice? Do you want me to tell her I'm staying at a vampire's house and I'm held captive here?" Lisa frankly said.

"You could've told her you're a maid and you're working for me." Jennie muttered.

"Oh, bullshit. How in the world would I think that fast when I saw you walking towards me, and not to mention, angry?"

"If I were you then maybe I would think of that." Jennie said as she smirked to annoy Lisa.

"Ugh! Enough! Do you even have any more questions because I'm tired and I need to rest. I got a massive bruise on my back if you have forgotten." Lisa said and left the car, not waiting for Jennie to say something.

Sighing, Jennie closed her eyes to compose herself before heading out of the car as well and went inside her house. She silently walked to Lisa's room to check what she was doing. Jennie had to admit, she felt guilty for hurting Lisa, it was unfair that they didn't have the same strength, Lisa was powerless since she didn't have her necklace. She suddenly remembered the time the bead healed Lisa and looked at the latter lying in her bed and her back facing Jennie, probably sleeping. She pulled out the necklace she had been carrying everywhere and walked towards Lisa. Jennie held out the necklace and let the bead touch Lisa's skin. The bead glowed like the first time she saw when it was healing Lisa and the latter was startled at what was happening.

"What-" Lisa didn't know what to say, she was shocked that Jennie was letting her necklace heal her without begging for it.

Once Lisa was healed, the bead stopped glowing and Jennie immediately put back the necklace inside her pocket.

"You're welcome." Jennie said with an unreadable expression and was about to leave when Lisa spoke.

"I didn't ask you to heal me."

"And you don't have to tell me. I have more kindness in me than you." Jennie heaved a sigh. "But just because I healed you doesn't mean you can sneak out again. I will always hunt you down and when that happens, you wouldn't be able to get out anymore and I'll let you starve to death." Jennie warned and Lisa gulped in nervousness. "Have some rest, I have other things to do." Jennie started walking towards the door but before she could walk out, Lisa spoke again.

"Hey." Lisa called and Jennie just turned her head. "Thank you." She mumbled but loud enough for Jennie to hear and the latter continued walking out without giving a reply.

Once Jennie was out of sight, Lisa sighed. She couldn't understand Jennie. She's being bossy most of the time and would always give Lisa death threats but was also helping her live. Lisa couldn't tell if Jennie was slowly being nice through sarcasm or was it just Jennie's way of making Lisa suffer.

After Lisa met Jisoo, her mind was clouded with thoughts. She had considered getting a job and actually not caring about her precious necklace anymore since it felt like Jennie would never return it even if she begged for it or even obey everything she would say. She thought maybe it was time to live like a normal human. She had considered her situation a second chance, a second life, a new beginning.

When it was already nightfall, Lisa smelled something good and she thought it probably came from the kitchen. Maybe Jennie was cooking something. She felt her stomach grumble and she found her feet leading her to the kitchen. Lisa sneaked her head and saw Jennie in the middle of cooking. The latter felt someone was watching her so she glanced at her back and saw Lisa and made the latter's eyes widen in shock.

"I...smelled something good and I thought maybe you're cooking." Lisa muttered.

"I am. Sit." Jennie nodded at the stool and Lisa did what she was told.

Once Lisa was seated, she thought of something to ask Jennie. It was only a matter of seconds and Jennie was already done cooking. She served Lisa's meal just like the last time and she hoped something bad wouldn't happen again. She didn't want to waste her energy with someone that didn't meet hers.

"Eat up." Jennie told Lisa and the latter started eating at a slow pace. Jennie noticed Lisa's strange behavior. "You didn't like it?" She asked.

"It's good." Lisa simply answered and continued eating without meeting Jennie's eyes.

"You're weird." Jennie said, trying to provoke Lisa but it didn't work. "Weirder rather." She mumbled and shove a spoonful of food in her mouth. "If you have something to say, just say it. Your behavior is getting on my nerves already."

"Fine." Lisa deeply sighed and stopped eating to look at Jennie. "I want my freedom." She said, making Jennie raise her eyebrow.