I Hate Hospitals

Hey y'all! Please do me a favor and read my other book Betrayed, it barely has any reads and it's a good story (I think) so go check it out! Also, the picture above will be used in part of the story. Anyway, enjoy!

*********
##Kylee's P.O.V.##
    I wake up to one of the most annoying sounds in the world: the beep! beep! beep! of a heart rate monitor. God, I hate hospitals. They stick millions of things in your arms and drug you up so u can barely move. And all the nurses are way too happy when your about to die.

   I keep my eyes shut and focus on my surroundings. There are footsteps shuffling around in and out of my room, tapping buttons or talking random doctor jibberish to another. I can't feel my right wrist at all, it's completely numb. That's not what I did it for. I'm supposed to feel the pain.

   Suddenly, I hear a voice, speaking English for once. "Hey, is she gonna be ok?" They say. I feel a hand rest on my left arm. "Yes, your sister will be fine," someone else replied. Wait, sister? My heart starts pounding, making the heart monitor go crazy. The hand lifts off my arm, and this is when I decide to open my eyes. I make then fly open, like I just woke from a bad dream. My vision's blurry, but it clears within seconds. There's only one familiar face in the room. Shawn.

    "Kylee! Your awake!" He yells, running over to me. What? "I'll leave you two alone." The nurse says as her and all the doctors leave the room. What? "What is going on?" I ask, but my voice is hoarse. "Who's your-" "Stop talking," Shawn says as he sits in the chair next to my bed, "Your gonna lose your voice." He hands me a whiteboard and marker. "Your gonna have to use this for now."

    I frown and write quickly on the board, 'Why can't I talk? I hurt my wrist, not my throat.' My hand writing was terrible since I had to use my left hand, but it was readable. "Apparently, your fever gave you strep throat(A/N I dont know if that can actually happen, but it can in my book), so I can't let you talk for a few days until your better." He tells me. I roll my eyes. I write on the board, 'Well I'm not your problem, so you can leave.' His eyes fill with sadness, but he smiles to cover it up. "Actually, you are my problem now." What?

   I write on the board, 'What do you mean?' He smiles widely and says, "Your my sister now. It's in the records." My eyes go wide, and I gasp. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid! I neglect my board and yell, "No! This is exactly what I wanted to avoid! You just killed Kayden!" "Don't talk!" He whispers, covering my mouth, "Your gonna hurt your throat!"

   I glare at him and write on the board, 'THE GUYS ARE GOING TO KILL KAYDEN NOW!' "No, they're not!" He said, "I've got it handled!" I write on the board, 'no you dont. He's probably already dead!'

   As he looks at the board I burst into tears. I killed Kayden! He's dead because of me! If I didn't- Shawn wraps me up in a hug, breaking my train of thought. He rubs my back as I cry, whispering things I can't make out. "Your in the records," he whispers, "but they're different. Your Kylee Lea Mendes, my younger sister." I pull away from him and raise my eyebrow, signaling wut? Before he can answer the nurse comes back in, checking one of the machines.

   "Just go along with it right now," Shawn whispers to me as I wipe tears from my face, "I'll explain more later." I nod quickly as the nurse asks, "So how are you feeling Kylee?" I smile at her and write on the whiteboard, 'ok. Can I go home with my brother yet?' She smiles as she reads it and says, "We're going to have to do some more tests first, but I'm sure you will be able to go home before morning." Wait what?

    'What time is it?' I write on my board, holding it up. "It's 2AM sweetie," she says as I gasp. Look at Shawn, suddenly noticing the bags under his eyes. 'You should be in bed!' I write, showing it to him. He laughs and says, "No, I had to be here for you." I smile. Wow, he's a good actor.