T E N [2]

The topic seized right there. Rohanna came with a few of her friends - Cole's wife, Alicia, and Jason's wife, Emily. They were both sweet and kind and talked very fluently and acted gracefully; basically, they showed that they belonged to high class but never flaunted it.

But mostly, it was me talking to Rohanna and she informed me that she ranked in the Top Ten Highest Paid Entrepreneurs on Forbes last year.

We chatted a bit more as I told her about my occupation and she declared to extend financial assistance to renovate and expand the NGO. The moral of the story was we became good friends. And what made me connect to her was that she was experienced and successful, just like me.

Out of a sudden, I could hear Theodore speaking on the microphone and my heartbeat accelerated, "Good evening everyone. Firstly, I want to thank you wholeheartedly for attending today's special event which is indeed very close to my heart. I want to call my fiancée Aurellia Hargrave to share the ground with me and henceforth share my life."

Everyone applauded and cheered. I was left dumb stuck, not knowing what to do. I made my way towards him lifting my chin up in confidence, which kept increasing after each one.

Come on, be confident.

He held my hand and lifted it up in the air. A confused expression took over me as he continued his speech, "We are engaged and the wedding is in right seven days from now. Just a week." Realization soon dawned to me. He said the last part to me and planted his lips on my fingers, the one in which I held the ring. The feel of his lips lingered on my skin for a moment longer, much against my will.

I eyed him but then the crowd became wild and I could hear Rohanna and Christian shouting on top of their voices 'congratulations'. They could have just met us and wished.

Suddenly the lights dimmed and soft music started to play. The entire crowd applauded as couples started walking up to the center.

So here comes the dance with Theodore...

But I was proven wrong as Christian took my hand without any warning and dragged me to the center as well.

He said, "I'll guide you. You can step on my toes."

I gave him an unpleasant look and told, "Please, I am not Rohanna." And then we both burst out into fits of laughter.

'Photograph' by Ed Sheeran played as Christian put his one hand above my waist and held the other. We swayed in the music, slowly and I glanced around to see Theodore dancing with Rohanna and his friends with their wives.

"Welcome to the family." He smiled gracefully. I was so happy for he was going to be my family. I too beamed, without any hesitation.

Then the partners changed because Christian had to dance with Rohanna. My new partner was Adrian.

We danced but I felt an air of similarity engulf us. We were smiling, one which was always there on our face if we weren't sad. The faint and faded one. He was looking into my eyes but the distance between us was respectable enough. His gaze looked like he was unraveling something. I furrowed my eyebrows and raised them. I was confused.

"Are you happy?"

"Um... Yes, definitely." I replied but confusion shadowed my words and it came out as a question rather. Who knew this was coming? The intensity of his eyes was splitting my facade. I looked away.

"It doesn't look like it."

"What do you mean? " I asked defensively. "Don't you trust your friend?"

"I trust my friend. And I know that he would not marry anyone after meeting her for just a few days."

I chose not to answer him. He was weird. I looked at the other side waiting for the song to end.