"I'm sorry I missed so much work. Once I eat lunch and get changed, I'll pick up whatever duties are left," I say, hoping that informs her that nothing has actually changed.

"You don't have to. You had quite the ordeal, I bet. Higra will probably agree to give you a day off."

"I rather work, thanks though!" I rush downstairs before Elamir can argue.

Downstairs the front doors are wide open. Movers are mixed in with our staff, helping take out any ruined furniture. I imagine Soran will have to look over what he wants replaced or changed seeing as a lot has been damaged. Wonder if he will though, or leave it to Higra, either way, there's plenty of extra people that results in my presence going mostly unseen. Janein spots me and, like Elamir, she gives a nervous bow. She's busy though so that's all I get.

Nothing really changes after eating either. I get changed and find Higra to request work seeing as everyone else I asked were insistent that they could handle it and I should rest. Higra is the only one that gives me orders, although even she's hesitant about that.

"What did the doctor say after your check up?" she asks. I'm tempted to lie, but her narrow eyes state she is willing to wake Soran and ask him.

"I'm not meant to do any intense physical labor for a few days and contact him if I'm feeling unusually tired."

Higra hums. She observes the yard before giving orders to help move furniture. I can't carry any of it, but I help guide the movers and make sure no one takes a nasty fall down the stairs. The work is better than nothing and I keep it up for the next four hours until break time where I find myself sitting in the front lawn.

Soran still hasn't woken up. I look up to his window from here, wondering if he has even noticed I'm gone. Suppose between the two of us though, he needs far more rest than me. I'll go check on him in a moment, right now, a familiar face is being allowed a break too. When I catch Hael's gaze, I wave him over, frowning a bit at his hesitancy as well.

Slowly, Hael takes a seat at my side, long hair pulled up into a tight ponytail. He's quiet, not looking at me until he finally says, "I'm glad you're ok."

"Me too."

This is awkward. I'm not sure how I expected Hael, or anyone for that matter, to react.

"I'm assuming you weren't hurt then?" he asks.

"Nope, I'm fine and more than ready to get back to work."

"Ah...having difficulty with that?" He asks. I'm not surprised he caught on seeing as he, too, is acting awkwardly like everyone else.

I let out a heavy sigh. "Has anyone...said anything to you?"

"Everyone has had something to say."

"Do I want to know?"

"Probably not, although it's not so much rude but rather telling that things won't be the same."

"Can I fix that?" I ask, gnawing at my bottom lip. Hael shrugs.

"Doubtful," he answers. "Everyone is of the belief that you are seeing Lord Makai."

I am about to bite through my lip, I swear. To prove Hael's point, Enith catches my gaze across the yard. He visibly stiffens, full on bows then rushes inside with a few others completely avoiding looking at me. I'm sure Hael is being nice by leaving stuff out. I can only imagine what others think of me, a human being with a vampire. They've made their thoughts of Soran very well known so I wonder how their perception of me has changed now.

"Are you?" Hael suddenly asks after my long silence.

"What?"

"Seeing him."