I noticed Perrie sitting very far away but her eyes were on us. She smirks looking at me.

It is making me nauseous.
Sitting with all these people who are big liars and have their mask of sophistication on.

“Excuse me.” I say getting up and going away from all of these people.

I went to the washroom to cry out my sorrows. I look at myself in the mirror but there is no tear, but a feeling of jealousy and betrayal.

Why did he have to do this? Why didn’t he tell me when he could? His pathetic excuses.

You only lie when there is something up with you and you want that to be buried deep beneath your lies.

And that is what Zayn is doing. Did he is also lie about work…when he said he was working late but actually he was with Victoria.

The first tear slides down my cheek. I compose myself. You can’t cry. Get a grip.

I clean my face with wipes. Telling myself I am over thinking and I am just jealous.

I went out going back outside, making my way to the dining hall but before I could go there. I saw Zayn going towards the exit door with Victoria beside’s him. And I couldn’t hold it back.

 The ache in my chest was so much that I couldn’t take it. I let my tears fall down freely. Clutching my chest I sat back on one of the chairs taking the champagne from the bar. I was thankful that the hall was empty and nobody was there to see my tears.

What am I suppose to do now? I thought. Sitting here is useless.

I am feeling pathetic and it was never like this. Even when I was his slave I never felt this pathetic when he left me alone in the bedroom after having whatever he wanted.

I missed my mom; if she was here I would have hugged her and cried as long as I wanted.  

“Ma’am” I look up seeing Torres looking at me with pity.

 “Mr. Malik said he is outside, he is waiting for you in the car.” I stand up.

Of course he will be waiting outside after escorting Victoria out.

 I start making my way to the exit but Torres interrupts. “Ma’am the car is at the backside we can go from the other exit.”

I nod rubbing my eyes. “Here” he offers me his handkerchief.

“Thank you.” I clean my face not caring about the make-up anymore. I must be looking like a zombie with bloodshot eyes, but right now I couldn’t care less.

Torres opens the door of the limo for me, inside Zayn was sitting with a drink in his hand looking distantly.

“What happened” he moves closer to me.

 “Don’t touch me!” I bark at him.

 He instantly moves far away.

“But Faith—“

“No stay away!”

“Please talk to me” I gulped the feeling; my throat goes dry at his pleading voice.

I didn’t look at him knowing I would melt, just by looking at him.

“I don’t want to talk. Please.” I say looking outside the window. I stayed to my side and Zayn didn’t bother me but kept drinking.

***

I changed from this dress which is making me sick, removing my make-up. I cried in the bathroom. So much that after one point of time, I could feel my eyes burning.

Zayn didn’t bother me. He was not even in sight. After coming home, he tried to talk to me but I refused. After that he went straight to his study and after that I didn’t see him.

With my cold heart and burning eyes I went back to bed. Sleep didn’t come but eventually I fall asleep with the cold side of the bed.

I wake up in the middle of night.

 I don’t know why but I couldn’t sleep. All the events of last night came rushing back to me. I close my eyes for a brief moment. 

Zayn hadn’t come to bed yet. Maybe he is sleeping in any other rooms.

 I switch on the bed side lamp then my eyes went to the love seat near the closet where Zayn is asleep still in the clothes from the event. His neck titled on the left side and his hands on the arm rest.

My heart clenched seeing him like this.

I quickly rushed to him despite all the things he had done today I couldn’t see him like this. Why didn’t he come to bed?

I lightly brush his long hair aside from his face feeling him stir.

“Zayn…”

“Faith…” his voice is small and confused. He opens his eyes looking at me then gaining his composure.

 “I am dreaming?”

 “No” I quietly climb on his lap holding him close.

He tightly holds me in his embrace, I place my head in the crook of his neck.

 “Why didn’t you come to bed? And why are you sleeping on the couch.” I asked.

 “I…you said you needed space, and I couldn’t sleep away from you so I slept here.” He answers in his groggy voice.

 I kiss his neck and he kisses my temple in return.

“I am sorry Faith I—“

“Zayn we will talk about this in the morning. I just want to hold you. Come to bed please.”

He holds me up taking me to bed. Without changing his clothes he lays on his side still not touching me.

 I got closer to him hugging him.

“Faith…”

 “hmm” he pulls me closer kissing me lightly on my lips. I close my eyes.

 I can’t face him without turning into a puddle of emotions.
“When I said I love you I meant it.”

“I know.” I turn my back on him as he holds me by my waist, our legs tangling with each other. I let myself cry but not wanting him to see me.

“Don’t cry” he says.

“Good night Zayn. We will talk tomorrow.”

He sighs but didn’t say anything. That I am grateful off because I can’t speak right now.

 My head is going through so many things and I know Zayn is too. And we both need to clear our head before we could move on further.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note; hii guysss hope you like the chapter and i have a huge favor to ask please read the story of my friend mishkaluv i have dedicated the chapter to her. please do check out her story "Still into you"

comment and vote love you all.