Chapter Twenty Three

For months on end I've had my doubt

Denying every tear

I wish this would be over now

But I know that I still need you here
-Sam Smith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So how was has it been going between you and Zayn?”

The simple question by John is making me think hard. For him maybe it’s just a casual question to start another session but for me it holds so many hurdles that I find it hard to say.  It’s my second session with him alone and I have to say I have never been open about issues with anyone besides Zayn and now John Peter.

He’s got that personality that you trust in an instance and tell anything about yourself. Maybe that’s why he is in this profession in the first place.
The last session was awkward and more of introduction. And he got to know my story and what was in my past. For which I know he already knew. After that we met on Wednesday with Zayn for a couple counseling.
It was messier than the first session but somehow it settled a few things. I got to know that Zayn is tracking Ellie and George just because he can. I bring it out on the last session and Zayn did a pretty good job at defending himself. Saying it was for my own good.

“We are doing okay I guess.”

“You guess?” I nod. “Tell me more about that…uhm what about the pact we had set in the first session” I laughed humorlessly.

 “It was failing I guess.”

 “How come?”

 “He always comes late and in the morning we are both in a hurry to leave.” I sigh.

“How do you feel about it?”

 “Sad…” John nods. “We will talk about this on Wednesday when Zayn will be here with us.” I nod again.

“So Faith what about your parents?”

 “What about them?” I shift in my seat. “You meet them?”

“My mother is dead and my Father well is not really there ever for me.”

“Why have you never tried to fix things.”

 “He never liked me.” he noticed my uneasiness but, still kept talking.

“Is that because your mother died?”

“He didn’t like her either…Can we not talk about this. Please.” I say as I pick the glass of water from the coffee table. “Sure. Maybe sometime later when you want to talk about it we will.” He gave me a tight smile.

The session ended forty minutes later. He talked about my internship mostly and how I am changing myself. He asked if I get depressed quickly and I said I don’t know. He asked a few questions stating that I actually get depressed easily.

I went outside seeing Zayn waiting for me in the waiting room.

“Zayn?” he looks up from his phone “Hey...” he smiled getting up from the chair. He kissed me gently handing me my coat. “You should have told me that you are going to come to pick me.” I say fixing his hair which are all over his forehead. He shrugs. “I got free soon, so I thought I should give you a surprise.”

“Well then give me such surprises every day.”

“How was your day?” I asked as he starts the engine. He looks at me and then back at the road “It was okay.” He gives me a tight smile. The rest of the ride was quite. And the low humming of some artist, whom I’m not familiar with was playing in the background.  I noticed Zayn was enjoying it. I get to know that Zayn’s got a very different taste in music and I kind of enjoy it mostly.

***

We were both sitting and I bought hot chocolate for both of us. “Here. Maybe it is not as good as yours but...”

“Come here.” He pats a spot besides him and I crooked closer to him. “Babe even if you make the worst hot chocolate I will savour it.”

“Yes right.” I chuckle.

“How was your day? And the session?” he sips his hot chocolate while flicking randomly through TV channels.

“It was alright. John asked me about my parents.” He stayed still for a while but then looked at me putting his mug and remote control on the coffee table.

“And?”

“I wasn’t comfortable. I asked him to drop it.” I told him shrugging awkwardly.

 “Hey” Zayn scooped me closer cupping both my cheeks. I put the mug aside.
“It’s alright. Okay? I will call him and tell him that he should not talk about matters which are done and gone. I promise he will never ask about them?”

“No…I think I’m just not ready. But I will be at some point. But don’t call him or anything. I can handle this myself.” I smiled at him. “I don’t want to see you in any kind of trouble.” Zayn rubs my lower lip with his hand and his face is full of worries. I reach up rubbing his brows which are knitted in tension.

“I have you. I am not in any trouble.” I kissed him nibbling on his lower lip.

He groans deepening the kiss. He grips my hair lightly but forcing my face to stay still and biting my lip making me moan. He pushed me down on the couch roughly and I laughed. Removing his grey t-shirt he pounced on me. I roam my hands on his torso. He kissed me, thrusting his tongue inside me. We don’t bother to switch the TV off. He bites my jaw and I moaned low and soft. I wrapped my legs around him; he thrust his hips in me. He bites my neck making me forget everything. I sure will be supporting a hickey tomorrow morning.

Everything was blurred.

He keeps nipping at my soft spot and his hands going south. I opened my eyes for just a nano second and by some chance I look at the TV screen. And everything stopped and froze inside me.

“Zayn” I said in mare whisper but he didn’t listen. “Zayn!” I yelled pushing him that he stumbled and hit the floor on his butt. It must have been funny if I wasn’t angry.

“What the fuck Woman!” he yelled getting up. I fixed my t-shirt and looked at him fiercely. He stands up looking furious too.

“You piece of shit!” I barked at him, pushing him back.

“Stop Now!” he grabs both my hands in his. His jaw clenching and unclenching and I know he is holding back. Tears blur away my vision.

“You fucking liar. Leave my hand!” I yell and he loosens his grip. “Oh you must be confused, watch the TV” he turns as soon as I said that. His back to me and I see him making a fist of his hands and cursing vigorously.

“You lied! Again.” I pushed him again. “Stop pushing me!” he turns back yelling at me.

“You too! Stop pushing me to the level where I can’t hold myself any longer. I’m breaking Zayn!” I said furiously rubbing the tears which are blurring my vision.

“Faith listen” he says more firmly. “No Zayn! I can’t even look at you right now.” With that I moved past him to go upstairs.

I hear a shattering sound but I am too angry to look back. Look back at him, at my world.
He hurt me again by lying. He did this again.

I don’t know how to deal with the pain which your lover gives you. It’s was like an open wound trying to heal and again he stabs you making it beyond repair. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for cliffhanger! i love you all too ;) i'm writing next chapter. it won't be long. again i'm sorry! enjpy. please vote and comment. xx