Chapter Thirty One

This love is tainted
I need you and I hate it
You're caught between a dream
And a movie scene
In a way, you know what I mean

When the dark turns to mist,
I just can't resist it

'Cause I'm a fool for you
-Zayn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty One 

I was restless... I was trying really hard to find some clues. Any clue that would help me find her. Every passing minute was making me more restless. I was going insane. I needed to see her, just feel her presence around me. And I needed to be sure that she was safe.

I just needed her.

We were having a meeting to know about the lead. Any lead whatsoever.
I was waiting for Torres, the detective and my manager was already here.

By knowing the fact that there were still hopes to find her made me more impatient to see her sooner.

***

"There has got to be some way to know where she is?"

"We can't go around looking in every town and countryside."

"Yes we can!" I gave that detective a stern look and so did Torres.

"You need to understand Zayn..."

"No, you need to understand that we will do everything we can... and if you are not up with it, the door is open!"

He sighs. Good.

"Let's go and ask George if he knows anything about her friends."

"I know her friends. Ellie. Only Ellie."

"So let's go and look for her. Do you have idea where she lives?"

"No.... but we can go to her academy and ask them. I'm very sure she is not from London"

I was such a prick for not listening to Faith's rambles about Ellie. I wish I had appreciated her more and listened to her after all.

***

"I'm afraid we can only provide you Ellie's contact number." The receptionist said. She looked pretty scared though.

"We need her address." I said more precisely.

"No we can't. It's in the policy to not be public about the personal details. Just because you have already spoken to the chair person regarding this and she instructed me to give only the contact number." She stuttered.

Fucking hell.

"Look, it's a pretty serious situation. Faith—"

That idiot detective stopped me from telling her about Faith. I swear I was losing my mind.

"I think the phone number will do." He said with a nicer tone than mine. I mean the receptionist was already pale as snow and I knew she was just doing her job. I was being a dick to everyone but I can't help it. I needed her.

I stayed as calm as possible and allowed him do the work.

We left that place and went back in my car.

"Zayn, we can work with that. You don't have to be such a twat all the time."

I just ignored him.

He was typing some codes in his laptop.

"You want to call or should I? We cannot tell them it's you. We just need to track them."

"Are you a part time hacker?" he just smirked.

I had the headphone on so we both can listen and he made the call.

She answered after a long ring.

My heart started to pound in my chest.

"Hello!" Ellie's voice came out with a thick accent.

"Hi... is it Ellie?"

"Yes? Who's that?"

"I am talking from The Milestone Hotel. We want to know if you are interested in an internship with us."

"Shit balls." She was shocked and I felt somewhat bad for her.

"Excuse me?"

"Umm sorry I just...." I started to feel really bad for her.

"Can you tell us exactly where you are put up? Are you in London? And we have mailed you the information regarding the internship."

The last part was a lie. Okay that detective was clever.

"Actually I live in Beverley, Yorkshire."

That's easy.

"Okay we will look up to that. And please do mail us back and I will call you soon. Have a nice day."

He finished his sentence and hung up.

He smirked at me.

"That's rude of you. And anybody can say how unprofessional that was." I commented.

"You don't tell me about being rude, Mr. Malik."

"Okay now what? Did you track her."

"Wait a second."

He started typing again.

"We got that address."

Thank god!

"Yes!"

"we need to leave soon."

He nodded.

***

We arrived at Beverley in the morning. I was nervous and...scared?

Yes of course I was scared. I was shit scared for so many reasons. What if she was not here? What if she did not want to be with me?

No, that couldn't happen. I would never let that happen.

Fuck I am scared. Bloody god!

We waited for our rent car. I looked at myself in the door mirror and I was fucking pale. The dick head detective was with us too. He was arguing that I should not have come and instead let them handle it. But he was out of his mind. He didn't understand shit. I needed to see her.

He didn't understand that only I can make Faith come back. They won't be able to. She would be scared seeing them, I knew that. They didn't understand. I knew her. They didn't. And I didn't care what they wanted; I would do what was right for her.

Okay maybe even I could scare her and make her feel confused but I could handle her; they won't be able to understand her. And I was a selfish prick who wanted to see her.

We followed the address and I was getting anxious with every passing second.

We reached a very nice open neighborhood which gave me the same vibes as Bradford.

Torres asked an old man about the address and he pointed at an old diner.

He came back and told us that the diner was the place where Ellie was living in.

We started walking towards it and my heart was skipping a beat. And I was shaking; I fisted both my hands so that no one would notice it. But Torres did.

"Everything will be fine, Mr. Malik. We will find her." There was a small but encouraging smile on his face. And it helped.

As we got closer, I got even more scared than I was before. My palms were sweating even in that cold weather.

We were only few steps away when I saw her. And my heart skipped a beat. No scratch that, I fucking had a heart attack!

It was a very small glimpse of her through one of those glasses which were faded and scratched. She only turned and went to the other side but I noticed her.

Torres and the detective were still marching; they didn't notice her. I stopped them and I am already plastered to the ground.

There she was....my everything.

I could only utter one word from my lips before I could even take any other step.

"Faith!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note; Hi guys how you all like it. It took me four drafts to write this chapter. i don't know what i feel about this chapter tbh :( 

thank you very much for being so supportive in the last update. I was not expecting so many people would be waiting for this story. i was really moved. Love you all. 

hope you guys enjoy it.

Vote and comment 

Love ya..xx