Physical Damage is Better Then Mental Damage

We see the island of Patch, a rather small island with a community just as small enjoying the day. We move past the more ...urban part and grow closer to the rural side, all until we land on a log cabin. we move closer to see a few angry guests staring daggers into a kid. The kid who seems to be their child.

???: Are you fucking kidding me? Can't you do anything right?! You're the most worthless thing on the planet!

We watch as the adult beats the poor kid into unconsciousness before picking him up and dragging him inside the cabin. We zoom in right next to the guy and see him drag the kid into the attic and throw him in. The view slowly lands on the kid as time quickly lapses into night. We see the kid wake up, with it being morning. The kid gets up and goes downstairs.

???: Better make breakfast, before they make me suffer.

The kid goes into the kitchen and starts cooking, until an annoyed yell comes from downstairs.

???: Hey! Who the hell is making all that noise!?

   An adult comes upstairs and seems less annoyed when they see who it is.

   ???: Finally learning your place, Y/n? About time.

   The kid looks at the adult.

   Y/n: Of course Misses Branwen. Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes. Could you call the others down please?

   The girl, now only know as Branwen, glares at the boy before going to get the others. A few minutes later, we see three more adults come up and two kids. All of which seem hungry. They sit down as Y/n puts the plates and silverware on the table before giving a serving to each of them. A noticeable problem occurs when their is food for everyone but Y/n. But the family doesn't seem to notice that, and the boy goes upstairs and essentially shuts down when he enters his room.

   An unknown amount of time passes before the kids enter his room and start beating him.

   ???1: Ruby! Look at this loser! He won't even fight back!

   Ruby: I know Yang! He can't do anything. He's even lacking a semblance!

   Both kids keep beating him for awhile,  eventually tiring themselves out and leaving to rest, a few hours after they started. Y/n is seen with a distant look in his eyes. Not even noticing what happened and stares at the door emptily. Before we know it, a new day starts and the acts are repeated, only the 'parents' call him down a few hours in.

   Y/n walks downstairs, only to find Ruby, Yang, and the others looking almost ...disappointed? The 'father' Sighs and stares at him.

   ???: You have done nothing wrong, but I'm tired of you. We all are. So we're kicking you out. Maybe you'll be useful somewhere else, but you aren't welcome here. And you won't be anywhere else. So leave.

   Y/n doesn't respond, but walks towards the door. Almost walking straight out, until a hard punch to the head sends him to the floor. The 'father' almost seems too happy, until a sickening crack comes from his head. Making a grossed out look form, which turns to worry when we see blood start pouring from Y/n's head.

   Miss Branwen: Tai! You almost killed him!

   Tai felt fear rush into his veins. His whole life could be ruined if he dies! He told the family to get in the car and bring him to the hospital. On the drive to the hospital, they thought of a cover story, one so good, nobody would believe otherwise. The drive was peaceful, for everyone. Absolute Everyone. They made to the ER and told the doctors the bullshit story, who believed them and instantly got to work.

   The family played their role of worry really well, and after a few hours, a doctor came out and gave them the news.

   Doctor: The physical wounds are way better then we thought. But his head took way too much force from the hit. So while he will look okay, he won't think okay, at all. He has Brain Damage, and he won't act normally.

   For once, the family seems shocked, and they weren't faking it. They asked the doctor how he will be different, but the doctors couldn't tell them. Their was simply too many possible effects for them to tell them about. The doctor sends the boy home, and tells the others not to let any form of damage touch him, at all. So the family took him, hoping he wouldn't be too different.

   A few days have passed and Y/n finally woke up, it was the middle of the night. And something in the corner grabs his attention.

   Y/n: Hello? What's your name? Gerald? It's nice to meet you, but why can you talk? You are a mouse after all.

   The mouse answers him, and they start conversing with each other, but when we look at Gerald's location, all their is seen is a wall, nothing else. Y/n  laughs and continues talking, to what we can see is nothing.

   The next day brings light into the world, shining on everything. With Y/n walking downstairs with a big smile. Talking to someone he calls Syd. The time is shown to be twelve, the family already sat at the table and ate. Their attention turning to their delusional kid and noticing his conversation with nobody.

   Tai: Summer? Could you please check on Y/n?  I want to know if he was always this crazy or if he's all of a sudden lost his marbels.

   Summer walks into the kitchen, seeing Y/n act almost like a person talking with a close friend, only no one is there. Summer shivers and tells the news to the others, realizing that they don't want a lunatic in the house, they grab Y/n and throw him out. Hoping he would die off quickly.

   Y/n is waking in the forest, seemingly not noticing the different scenery. He walks and talks to nothing before he smacks into something. Y/n looks up, seeing a black creature with a bone-like mask on it. Y/n looks at it, before breaking into full blown laughter. Freaking any wild life in the area out, except for the creature, who stays by his side.

   Y/n: I will call you Roger, now, let us go! *starts to laugh I-It will be so fun. I-I h-h-hope *starting to lose it completely y-you're happy!

   Y/n starts laughing, and an eerie feeling climbs into anything that hears it, besides the creature and his nonexistent friends. Y/n continues to walk, in the forest that is now deserted. Walking unknowingly near a boat, one heading to Menagerie.