Chapter 45: To have a crush

Start from the beginning

"Hi", Chenle shyly waved and blushed.

"He is really cute", Jisoo chuckled.

Jisung hummed agreeing.

"M not cute", Chenle pouted but that only made Jisoo coo.

He went forward and was close to squeeze Chenle's cheeks but Jisung was faster and stopped him from doing it.

"Don't touch him", Jisung growled in a low voice.

"Ouh", Jisoo whistled. "Is no one allowed to touch your Chenle?"

"No. Strangers just aren't allowed to touch my best friend."

There it was again. The friendzoning.

Chenle was happy that Jisung protected him but still.

Chenle just wished Jisung wouldn't have to emphasize every time how he was just his best friend. And nothing more.
That he would never be anything more than Jisung's best friend.

Because this hurt.

Part 3: How unrequited love feels like

"Did you hear the news about Hyungs having a song with Yeri?", Jisung asked excited, when he entered the room.

"No, I didn't", Chenle admitted and looked up from his phone.

Jisung sat down next to him on Chenle's bed and showed him his phone.

"Renjun-Hyung, Jaemin-Hyung and Jeno-Hyung will sing a song with Yeri. It will be published in December and it is a "Station" song. Isn't that mega cool? I mean, look at her, she is so beautiful.", Jisung raved and showed Chenle photos of Yeri on his phone.

"I guess she is really pretty", Chenle mumbled.

"She is. Wow. Do you think we might have the chance to meet her, when the boys are shooting the music video with her?", Jisung asked excited.

"Jisung-ah, don't you think she is a little bit too old for you?", Chenle couldn't help the jealously, he felt again. It pained but he couldn't change Jisung's sexuality.

"I don't want to date her, Chenle. I just love her voice. I want to ask her, how she can sing so beautifully.", Jisung explained casually but his eyes didn't leave his phone.
"But I wouldn't mind having a girlfriend like her. She is cute and small. I like that.", Jisung smiled to himself, while Chenle did everything to stop any tears from falling.

Chenle didn't trust his voice, so he only hummed.

"Oh", Jisung suddenly remembered something and stood abruptly up.

"What?", Chenle asked.

"I forgot that I have to call Heejin. I promised her earlier in school.", Jisung went out of the room to call the girl.

Another perfect girlfriend for Jisung. Small and cute.

Chenle sighed.
Jisung would never ever love Chenle in the same way the older did.

And it hurt.

Why of all people, did he had to fall in love with the younger?

Just why? Why? Why? Why?

Part 4: Or is it really unrequited?

Chenle lied in his bed. His thoughts were everywhere and nowhere.

Often he saw the face of a tall, young boy in front of his closed eyes.

A handsome, cute guy, who meant everything to Chenle. But who also could hurt Chenle like no one else, without even knowing it. Without even wanting to.

Quietly tears rolled down Chenle's cheeks. But he didn't stop them. He didn't wipe them away and just let them fall.

He wanted to feel the pain.
Maybe like this, it would stop.

Maybe the pain would stop.
Maybe even his feelings for the younger.

But on the other side, Chenle wasn't even sure, if he really wanted his feelings for the younger to be gone.

He didn't remember a world, where he hasn't loved Jisung. He didn't want to imagine a world, where he wouldn't love Jisung.

Loving Jisung in pain was better than not loving Jisung at all.

Because he could bear the pain, but he couldn't bear a world without Jisung.

He knew, no matter what would happen, he would always love the boy.
Because Jisung was perfect. At least for Chenle.

Chenle didn't open his eyes, when he felt his bed dip down.
Not even, when he felt, how someone raised his duvet.

His eyes also stayed close, when someone put his arms around him and wiped away his tears.

Chenle didn't move away, only snuggled closer into the comforting chest. Seeking the warmth and the feeling to be safe. And he was. In this arms, he was the safest, he could ever be.

"I love you", Jisung's voice whispered in his ear.

"I love you too", Chenle thought but didn't say these words out loud.

Because he meant them in a different way. Or did he?