"We need to leave now. I will explain later but please, let's leave right now," my fearful wide eyes met Ethan's calm blue eyes that perfectly complimented his curly brown hair. His face was just as serious yet handsome as I remembered and I couldn't help but want to hug him for more security and warmth.

Ethan sent me a sharp look but nodded his head before wrapping a protective arm around me and quickly leaving the airport.

***

A few hours ago, Ethan had driven us back home in his BMW while trying to pester me for answers throughout the whole drive. He always knew when something was wrong and was overprotective of me. I was grateful for it but sometimes I wish he would cool it down. I managed to evade his questions by telling him that it would be easier to explain to both him and Rylan at the same time. That earned a glare but he nodded his head and didn't question me for the rest of the ride.

Looking at the two men that held a special place in my heart, cuddled up together on one of the loveseats as we sat outside in their backyard, my heart swooned with happiness and a slight tinge of jealousy. I wish I had what they had. Someone special to call my own and experience all of life's joys and hardships with.

Ethan was my childhood best friend and neighbor while growing up in the countryside. We did everything together and I would be the biggest liar if I said that I didn't have a crush on him when we were kids.

What! Don't look at me like that!

Ethan is literally the perfect gentleman. He is a calm, sensible man who always puts other before himself. Like his character, his appearance was amazing as well with his muscular build, sharp jaw and thin lips. He works as a real estate mogul, hence the grand villa he and his partner, Rylan, own together. Before Rylan had entered the picture, I almost asked Ethan to be my first boyfriend.

Seriously, stop judging me!

That ship quickly sunk to the bottom of the ocean though. From the moment I first introduced Rylan, a new transfer to our college, to Ethan, I could practically see the sparks flying between them. Rylan is the cutest man you will ever see with his hazel brown eyes, blonde hair and adorable pouty lips. His frame was slender and petite when he stood beside Ethan, making anyone swoon over this match made in heaven. We quickly became the three musketeers and I always felt a little bit guilty, thinking I was a third wheel but they never let me feel that way.

We are all the same age, yet I can't help but admire my successful best friends. Rylan is an artist like myself but he creates art to showcase in galleries and is extremely talented, whereas, I create art to publish in children journals. I hope to someday help children suffering from mental illnesses and abuse and help them to open up through using my art.

"BITCHHH! YOU DID NOT, OH MY GOD" Rylan screamed as his booming laughter filled the air in the backyard of his and Ethan's luxurious villa. There was a beautiful in ground pool behind us with several comfortable chairs arranged on the sidelines. Seriously, why is everyone around me so rich?

"Stop, I am already so embarrassed!" I mumbled as I hid behind my hands and avoided their curious glances. I had just finished telling them all about the events that occurred in the past weeks, I told them every single detail.

After crying over a few things, like my grandmama's harsh words, and then laughing over a thousand other things, like the fetish lie I told to the flight attendant, we were now suddenly back to the topic of mine and Arosio's heated night.

"No wonder she refused to take a swim. Let me guess, you're covered with his marks under my sweater, aren't you?" Ethan teased as my face flushed red and I wrapped my arms around his hoodie. When we got back to his place, he graciously lent me his sweater and a pair of loose boxers that fit like shorts on me. For some reason, I had been disappointed when I smelt his amazing cologne that differed from Arosio's delicious scent.