Fourteen

Courtney
     "Shayne, I'd be so much happier if you'd hold my hand," I said. We started walking down to the mall and he hasn't held my hand for 5 minutes.
     "Okay," he grabbed my hand and I smiled. I got closer and held onto his arm as we walked. It was so comforting and wonderful to be with him.
     "Just think, in about 8 months we'll have a small human to call our child. We'll be walking with them down the streets and we'll have fun family moments," I started to tear up. It sounded so beautiful. "Oh, Shayne. I can't wait to be a mommy"
     "Aw, Court. I'm excited too. This baby will come in no time and you'll be an amazing mother to them"
     "Just like you'll be the best dad to them"
     "I've already got the dad jokes. I'm halfway there," he laughed. He always laughs at his own jokes. He thinks it's a bad thing, but I don't.
     "That's true. Why do I feel like you're going to be the one to embarrass them the most?"
     "Probably because I will be. Yes, I'm gonna be that dad"
     "Oh boy"
     "They'll love me"
     We finally made it to the mall and Damien was waiting there for us. He saw us and came to greet us.
     "Finally. I was waiting for a while for you two to get here," he said.
     "Yeah yeah. We're here now, aren't we?" I asked
     "Alright, you've got me there. Now, about this situation I have"
     "Don't worry, dude. We're going to help you do this," Shayne said. We walked in and found a table at the food court. Shayne went to grab food while Damien and I stayed at the table.
     "So, while I'm here. What is preventing you from being able to ask out Kimmy?" I asked.
     "Well, confidence is the biggest thing for me. I feel like she doesn't feel the same way and I just think I'm going to end up messing this up somehow," he sighed.
     "Alright, well I've got the solution to your first confidence issue. Kimmy most likely does feel the same way. I've seen how she gets around you"
     "Really? I haven't seen anything"
     "You're just like Shayne. Remember when I fell for him? I showed him like a million signs and he didn't see shit. You're a guy, you don't usually see as much as us girls do"
     "I guess, but what signs might you have seen?"
     "Let's see...she gets flustered around you, her face turns red when you compliment her or even look in her general direction. I could go on. I bet she feels the same way and is going through something like you are. We all have those days"
     "Yeah. So, what you're saying is that she most likely does like me?"
     "Yep, and I think you should just ask her out already"
     "But, how will I do that?"
     "We can help you with that," Shayne came and sat next to me with our food. "We both know how to ask another person out despite what we went through getting together. Just trust us"
     "Alright, so what's the plan?" Damien asked. Shayne and I looked at each other. We both knew what needed to happen.

Now that Shayne and Courtney have convinced Damien to ask Kimmy out and have agreed to help him, what will happen next? Will Damien finally ask Kimmy out? Or will it fail?