Sixteen

Three Months Later...

Courtney

"So, how have you and Damien been doing?" I asked Kimmy. She and Damien started dating three months ago after they kissed! I know, I was happy to hear that too.

"Oh, we're doing great. He's so amazing and sweet. I'm so happy we ended up together," She sighed happily. This must have been what I was like when Shayne and I finally started dating. So, my plan was more of a success than I thought and they're both super happy with each other.

"Hey, Court," Shayne came over and sat next to me, "How are you doing over here?" he's been really trying to help me out now that I'm farther along in my pregnancy. Sometimes he gets really protective and tries to do stuff for me.

"We're still doing fine even after you asked me ten minutes ago," I said. He smiled and kissed my forehead before getting up to follow Ian somewhere.

"Wow, is he really that excited to be a dad?" Kimmy asked

"Like you wouldn't believe. I think it's mostly that he doesn't know what to really do. He's never been with a pregnant woman and all this new dad stuff can be kind of stressful for him"

"I can imagine. Have you been feeling stressed about becoming a mother?"

"Kind of. I'm mostly just excited to be honest. I've always wanted to have a kid of my own and to have it with the best man in the world is like a dream come true," I placed my hands on my stomach and smiled. "I really can't wait to be a mommy"

"What are you ladies doing over here on this fine day?" Damien walked over to us and Kimmy jumped up to kiss him.

"Just talking," I said, "Why do you ask?"

"I just wanted to know is all. Oh, hey, Ian said we're finished for the day, so he invited us all to go to the carnival that just came into town. What do you guys think?"

"That sounds awesome. Is Shayne coming too?"

"Yeah, he's gonna be a little late because he has some work he has to finish up"

"Okay, then I'm gonna need a ride," I poked Damien's arm and he sighed playfully.

"Fineeee, I'll take you"

"Oh, get over it," I laughed. After meeting up with Ian, we all headed towards the carnival. I wasn't able to do as much as I wanted to since I was pregnant, but I was still having lots of fun. We've been here for about an hour and Shayne still hasn't shown up. I hope he's okay.

"Hey, Court. We're going to go on a ride, you wanna come with?" Ian asked.

"No, that's okay. I'll wait here for Shayne," I said. Ian patted my shoulder and walked off with Kimmy and Damien. I pulled out my phone and was about to call Shayne when I heard a familiar voice nearby. I looked around and saw a tall guy with dark hair. He turned around to reveal...oh, shit. It's Jake.

I looked away and tried to cover my face, but he noticed me anyway and walked over.

"Courtney? Is that you?" he asked

"No," I said. He sat across from me and I uncovered my face. He still looks like the same jackass that tried to get me to ditch Shayne for a date.

"What are you doing all the way over here by yourself, hm?" he tried to grab my hand and I pulled it away. "Okay. So, where's your boyfriend at? The one you ditched me for"

"I didn't ditch you. I left you because you were being a dick. My HUSBAND, Shayne, is on his way here actually. I'd get out of here if I were you, he really hates you"

"I'm not afraid of that guy. He couldn't even tell you his true feelings like a little baby"

"But he got me, not you. So, why don't you just leave me alone? I hate you," I stood up to leave.

"Whoa, you really let yourself go, didn't you?" he must have noticed me. My stomach was bigger than before now that I was farther along.

"No. Don't talk about my child like that!"

"Child? So, he impregnated you?"

"Yes, because he's allowed to. I love him more than anything in the world and to have a child with him is the best thing ever. Now get away from me, you asshole!"

"No," he grabbed my arm. I tried to pull it away, but he was much stronger now. "Your lover boy isn't here to protect you. What are you going to do now?"

An arm grabbed Jake's and he let go of my arm. I looked up to see Shayne standing there with a strong grip on Jake's arm. He looked super pissed.

"I'm going to protect her. From anything that tries to harm her, especially crazy assholes like you. Now, I'd get out of here before I do shit I'd regret," he growled. Jake looked petrified and backed away from us. Shayne turned to me and held my hand. "Are you okay? He didn't hurt you, did he?"

"No, thank you for being here to help me. I love you, Shayne," I hugged him tightly

"Anything for you, Court. I love you too"