Chapter Five

I manage to arrive home an hour before Ali arrives, just enough time to prepare but without a minute to lose. I didn't expect I would spend all that time in the mall. Time flies by when you are trying out new makeup products. Okay, you caught me. I went to the hair salon to get a blow dry.  Now, where is his favourite blue shirt? Come on, you are the focal point tonight. Don't you dare hide from me. You're going to be honoured as my marriage saviour. I carefully search the closet room for his playboy shirt. How do I know it's his favourite? Because it brings out the blue in his eyes. He wouldn't hesitate to flash those baby blues at you to get his way. Yes, I fell for them from day one.

Aha! There you are, you little minx. It's 8 PM. No time to cook dinner because we will just have dessert for tonight. I put the shirt on and it's just covering my hips. It's perfectly over-sized and comfy. I grab my makeup kit and stand in front of the mirror. Tonight is a fancy mini-event so all hail that glow. I mix my liquid highlighter with my foundation to create that dewy look and hopefully reflect the dim light. Devil Lina hops in. "Were you a disco ball in another life?", she hoots in laughter. I ignore her and put on some mascara that fans my lashes out. A dab of blusher here and a sweep of highlighter there. Yes, again because you can never have too much highlighter. Last but not least, the final touch, my satin-finish red lipstick. "You go girl!", Angel Lina catcalls me. I smile at my reflection. My hair and makeup is total glam. Just a spritz of my musky perfume to finish the look and guarantee that all this will be imprinted in his brain, forever. Oh, how can I forget my sexy strappy heels! Alright, done. Angel and Devil Lina are looking at me in awe and I am enjoying every minute of it. I dim the lights and lay on the bed in a flattering position. That took 15 minutes of trials and googling sexy photos but here we are.

Meeting Sherry was truly insightful. Her tactic is such a classic move in the art of seduction. I don't know how I didn't think of using it. I mean classic moves always work, hence the name.  But anyway, better late than never. You wait here my marriage, Super-wife is coming for your rescue!

Finally the long awaited moment. I can hear the main door being opened with its signature creak.  Oh, quick, where's the red flower? Ah, there it is. I put the red flower between my teeth and smile for a bonus effect. Then back into sexy position. I strain my ears of any sound of footfalls but I can't hear any. Did he lose his way in the house? Of course, I should have added some flower petals and candles to guide him to here.

Five minutes later and no sign of him. Was I hallucinating the sound of the door? My jaw is starting to ache. Okay, Lina, you have to check by yourself. Because what if it's not Ali?! What if a burglar broke into the house? Oh my god and in my current state, he will definitely rape me. My hopes of conquering the social media with my envy-stirring photos with hubby will be replaced by the throes of my rape heading the newspapers. "Innocent wife found dead after being raped in her own bedroom. See Murder section page 3." Oh God, I wanted to be famous but not in that way.

With trembling hands, I grab a metal antique and creep towards the hall. Heart thumbing and fully alert, my breathing too loud for my ears.

"Lina!"

"AHHH!" I scream and turn towards the source of the sound. The antique brass slips from my hands clanging to the floor.

But wait, that's Ali. I throw myself at him, embracing him in a hug. "Thank god you're here!", I say dramatically,burying my face into his chest. "I thought there was a burglar out there!"

"Lina, what burglar?" He pushes her away from him. "We have the most advanced security system installed. James Bond can't even break in without being caught. What are you wearing?" He says with a perplexed expression.

"You like it?", I give him a twirl.

"Is that my shirt?!"

"I thought we could start with dessert," I say tilting my hips.