The institution episode 20

Comincia dall'inizio

****

Susan stop by at the Momoh's house at a strategic time in the afternoon when she knew Ese wouldn't be at home.
She walked in after Ade opened the door for her. She found Ivie eating popcorn while watching a movie in the sitting room.
"Good afternoon Ma" she greeted and Ivie wondered who she was. "My name is Susan, I'm Ese's friend"
"Ese is not at home at the moment but you can wait for her"
"I didn't come for Ese, on the contrary, I came to see you Ma"
"Okay, sit down dear" she employed and Susan folded her hands in thought before taking her seat.
She was having second thoughts on revealing the truth about Dr. Odogwu to her.
"Ma, Ese would skin me alive if she finds out that I did this but exam is around the corner and it's necessary to do this"
"Please tell me, I'm getting worried already. Ese doesn't speak to me often so..."
"How will I explain this.... Ese missed a class and her lecturer did a test and finally decided to use the attendance to determine those that will sit for the exam." "That's crazy!"
"Same thing I thought"
"Ese went to meet him so she could reach some kind of consensus with him, like giving him bribe and all of that but he requested for something else"
"Sex"
"Yes Ma, sex but Ese is prepared to fail the course than sleep with the man"
"What's the name of the lecturer? Odogwu?"
"Ma, do you know him?"
"No. I heard her saying a poem about one Almighty Odogwu, I'll show him he's not so mighty. I'll make him pay for this." Ivie sighed, "Why didn't she tell me?"
"Because she's scared she might get implicated and I've been looking for ways to help her out. I even asked Jafar about it on his show one-day"
"Were you the one flirting with him the other day?" She asked and Susan shrugged.
"That's not important Ma, can you help her out"
"I'll not only help but I'll make him rue the day he made that proposal to my sister. No one messes with the Momoh and goes free"

****

Elsie made a decision to go pay a visit to her hostel mates.  Bimpe turned towards her Immediately she walked into the room.
"Who is this?" She asked and Elsie laughed.
"What are you doing here? Are you no longer scared of Judith's ghost?' Bimpe asked packing some clothes into her bag and Elsie laughed.
"I didn't say I was scared of Judith's ghost; I didn't like the vibe"
"How about now?'
"I just came to see Jane and see you too. Are you packing?"
"Yes. Christmas break and all, I just want to go back to Ibadan and just rest in my parent's house" "Or read in your parents house, exam is after the first week of January"
"That's if ASSU doesn't go on strike first" she answered and Elsie scoffed. "I forbid ASUU strike in Jesus name"
"How are you coping with Judith's..." Bimpe stalled, hoping Elsie doesn't bust into tears.
"I'll be fine, we'll all be fine"

Ralph received a call from his friend Isaac,   "Friday night out with the guys and their wives, bring a date" he announced then he laughed definitely mocking at him.
"If you cannot bring a date, you can come alone, we are used to seeing you alone or you can hire a date" he continued laughing.
"That's if you like" he added hanging up and Ralph exhaled tiredly.
"I better start making some damn calls."

****

Ivie called Liam, "I'm missing you" she began and he laughed. "I miss you too" he answered.
"Is Babylon still watching me?"
"Yes. There's a guy outside the house now, he's been there since morning according to Ziko"
"So I'm supposed to stay indoors? I have to work on a case"
"What case?"
"Remember a show you had and a girl complained about a lecturer harassing her friend." "Yes"
"The girl who called was my sister's friend and the victim here is my sister. I said I was going to lay low on investigating the government, not investigating corrupt civilians like this lecturer"
"If I can talk to your sister. I have contacts"
"Have you met my sister? She's secretive and she does like talking about anything. I want to work on this case like I used to"
"People are going to get scared. Put someone else on the case"
"Let them get scared. This is what the press was created for to make people turn think twice on every intending bad decision they may want to take" she answered and Susan folded her hands.
"Is there a way I can meet this Dr. Odogwu?"
"At his office in Ekehaun campus but he barely comes, only in the evening and it's rare to see him in his office. I guess I'll be paying an alumni visit to the department tomorrow then"