The institution episode 19

Start from the beginning

****

Ivie went on national television to give her false broadcast. If she had gone to any other broadcasting station, it would have looked rehearsed and unbelievable.
She had herself on a morning breakfast show with her host, Omone Yusuf, an Auchi woman in her early forties.
"This message is to the Governor, SAN Samuel Godwin. What I did years was immature and I admit that I was delusional after I lost my father and I have mental challenges and I'm working on it via therapy. I know this can't take back all the damages, i can't wave everything okay and I wish I can but here's a peace offering. I come in peace and I'm not coming to cause trouble. I just want to say I'm very sorry for all I did and I don't want to feel threatened and I don't want anyone feeling threatened too" she answered firmly and it broke her heart but she knew it was necessary.
Omone smiled.
"You just said you don't want to feel threatened and you don't want anyone feeling threatened?"
"Ever since I got out, I've had people thinking maybe I'm coming back to go on head strong with the government. No! Therapy is really teaching me a lot and I realized the need to start all over again. A fresh page"
"So you've been out for quite some time now, why now?"
"To give an answer to the question whether or not she'll strike. There's no striking, I'm not playing that game anymore. Girls are no longer strong for that game again" she answered and Omone laughed,
"Girls have turned to women" she commented and Ivie faked her laughter.
"What have you been doing?"
"Reflecting a lot, I've had time to reflect in prison but for now I just wanted to know what I wanted for my life and I've made my decision"
"What do you want?" "To start up a family, I've missed out on building a family all these years and that's my focus now"

Captain sat on his chair watching the news on Television and he grinned, "That's my journalist" he muttered.
"Good one"
"Merry Christmas to everyone in Advance" Ivie exclaimed and he smiled.
"Merry Christmas Ivie" he replied.

Samuel sat on his couch watching the news and then Babylon called. "Are you hearing what I'm hearing?" He asked and Babylon scoffed.
"I don't buy it"
"Maybe she got the message you sent to her. It's believable oh, does this face look like someone who's vengeful?" he asked and Babylon gazed deeply at Ivie from the television.
"Let's just keep on fingers crossed and our ass on the edge of our chairs cause I don't buy this repentance for anything" he continued and Ziko turned towards him.
"We'll keep close watch on her till we're sure she has repent from her stubbornness"

****

Liam who was in a conference in Abuja excused himself out when he got a call from Ziko. "Good morning Sir"
"Good morning Zik, any status update?"
"Yes Sir. Babylon doesn't believe her" he said to him and he scoffed.
Not like he didn't expect him to believe it too. "He's planning to keep a close watch on her but I don't know when exactly"
"Keep me posted on his moves"
"Yes Sir" he answered .

****

Ivie thought of Warden Rose so she decided to give her a call. She got the number off one of hey books.
"Good afternoon Ma" she greeted and Rose instantly recognized her voice. "Just the woman I was thinking of" she answered and Ivie laughed.
"I'm sorry I haven't called. I've been busy"
"I believe you have. I saw you on national broadcast. You made the right decision even though I didn't believe you for a minute" she answered and Ivie laughed.
"How are you sure I'm lying?"
"Because I know you'll never grovel in front of Samuel or seek for forgiveness; the Ivie I spent day to day studying will never dream of saying what she said if it wasn't a matter of importance"
"I just wanted to hear from you" she tried to change the topic, "Whatever you've got planned out, Ivie I want you to be careful. Be very careful, I'll deal with you personally if you ever come back to prison" Rose threatened and Ivie laughed.
"See this as a second chance at life and use it well"