Chapter 30

Hoi! I recommend reading the second half of Aftermath to understand what's going on. You might get away with not doing that but if things don't add up that's all on you.

Chapter 30

Stupid bird.

I made angry noises at it, stalking it through the window and pawing at the glass while I waited for it to become my dinner. It turned it's head, looking at me with its six eyes and cawing at me as it hopped closer while I growled under my breath. It taunted me by parading around on the window sill right in front of me as I pressed my face against the window, tail whipping angrily through the air behind me. I riled myself up and got ready to pounce on it, flinching myself awake in the process. 

My entire body was ready to chase after something, shaking with all the energy I had pent up and was about to unleash, twitching on the bed, claws extended and the spikes in my back standing straight. I pounced on Collin's legs with the intention to kill them and turn them into food for me, pawing at them through the blanket. After having slain those traitorous extremities like a professional, I let myself fall onto my side, pawing at them some more for good measure while my tail whipped back and forth angrily.

Collin chuckled sleepily, grabbing me by my tail and pulling me closer to him. I mewled softly, turning onto my stomach to be able to rest my head on his chest with a happy sigh, admiring his face. It was flushed a little, his hair was tousled and he hadn't fully woken up yet, blinking sleepily. My wings twitched with excitement as he smiled back down at me and I rubbed my face against his chest, enjoying some head scratches while he yawned loudly. I pawed at his fangs and he snorted, gently biting my finger tips.

I love you.

"Good morning." Collin purred, kissing my forehead.

I made some happy noises in response, rubbing myself all over him while my tail curled around his wrist to hold onto him. He had showered before he went to bed yesterday and now he didn't smell like me anymore which I so did not appreciate. Instead he smelled like soap and just no. That needed to chance as quickly as possible. He was supposed to smell like sleep, me and good morning sex. Two of these things I could already cross off my to do list for today, the other thing I should really work on. 

He covered his face with his arm, sighing deeply while he kept dozing off. I kept watching him for a bit more, appreciating how beautiful he was, dark lashes resting on his cheek before I dove underneath the covers with a little giggle. As long as I was still capable of moving freely without looking like a balloon that was ready to burst, I was going to try my best in order to make him happy. Soon enough I wouldn't be able to do much more than lying on my back and I wanted to make sure I gave it my best.

I rubbed my face against his thigh with a purr, angry at his boxer shorts for separating me from my price. For now I was going to tolerate their existence and I dragged my nose over the fabric, sniffing him to my heart's content. I wished I could just bathe in his smell so everyone knew he claimed me as his, walking around head held high because he showed me off. I giggled happily as I remembered that everyone knew already and that no one would try to take him away from me since they feared upsetting him.

That thought made me very happy for a moment. I could be with Collin forever or until I died. That is if he allowed me to love him in the future but so far he still wanted me around. He even encouraged me to shower him in affection until he had to tell me to go to sleep at night, otherwise I'd continue forever. No one was going to try to mess with our relationship. At least not by making him love someone else. They still wanted to see him dead and I hated that. I didn't want to kill someone but I would in order to protect Collin.