Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"I'm getting bigger!" I chirped happily.

It had been very easy hiding my baby bump for the first couple of days with an oversized shirt I borrowed from Collin but now my shirt was stretching over my stomach which was threatening to burst. I was kind of scared because I didn't know for how long this pregnancy was going to last and how much bigger I was going to get. I didn't want to waddle around like a penguin because there was a calf sized baby growing inside of me. Collin didn't seem to mind though and as long as he wasn't concerned I trusted him that I was going to be fine.

"I can see that." He hummed, pressing his lips against my temple.

I made a few happy noises, chirping, cooing and rubbing my cheek against his arm while I continued to brush my teeth. The toothpaste had started tasting awful and it had taken me a few tries before I had been wiling to put it in my mouth without gagging. I wondered if it had gone bad but Collin didn't seem too bothered by the taste. I decided to keep my mouth shut instead of complaining because I didn't want him to have to go through the trouble of buying a new one for me.

The same thing happened with a few other food items I had tried to eat these past days. While meat was the tastiest thing I had ever put in my mouth and I couldn't get enough of that, noodles tasted like soap and rice like vinegar. Collin had assured me my body knew what it needed and if I started disliking certain foods, I shouldn't be eating them. He went to great lengths to cook for me, come up with new recipes and I felt bad for causing him so much trouble.

He was busy maneuvering dental floss around his mouth and I watched in awe, wondering what it felt like if those razor sharp teeth bit into my flesh. They looked like spiky, sharp needles, made to kill me and I was sure he could hurt me very badly if he wanted to. I reached up and pawed at one of his fangs, purring loudly and he smirked at me, taking a gentle nip at one of my fingers without damaging the skin. He was a caring, lovely guy. Even though everyone else thought he was insane and just trying to cause trouble.

"What?" He asked, amused.

I didn't want to answer truthfully and thought about the next best thing that came to my mind, my feet. They were swollen and hurt like hell, nothing I did managed to calm them down, not even rubbing balm on them and I just wanted to sit down because walking was so uncomfortable and exhausting. That wasn't even the worst side effect of my situation but I pretended like the others didn't exist. Bloating, constipation and itchy skin was just too embarrassing to tell Collin. I didn't want him to be weirded out or disgusted.

"My feet hurt." I complained.

I wiggled my toes as he looked down to check them out and he smirked, picking me up swiftly. Him paying attention to me and me not having to stand and put pressure on my feet any longer was making them already feel much better and I gave him a thankful smile. My tail curled around his upper arm and gave him a tight squeeze to which he responded with kissing the tip of it. It recoiled and I giggled, resting against his chest with a happy sigh. I loved him so much.

"I know something that might help." He promised.

He moved me over to the bath tub and turned the water on, still holding me in his arms. I cooed content because I liked the pressure his embrace was putting on my body, it made me feel safe and stuck my tail into the tub to test the temperature, making happy noises in the process. He seemed amused and started swaying me from side to side like a baby, giving me a quick peck on the lips and I beamed at him.  

He smiled back at me and my gaze fell on his lips. I wanted nothing more than him kissing me right now and I licked my own nervously, making him groan under his breath. I reached up to rest my hand against the side of his face and he turned his head to press his lips against each of my fingers individually. I gasped quietly as I felt his tongue swirl around the tip of my pinky finger and my wings perked up as I got excited. So much for not the time and place for play time.