Five

Jane took Jake's advice and freshened up, even she knew she needed a shower.

  His shampoo, conditioner all top notch although a little too feminine for someone built like him. The shower helped clear her mind, she  almost forgot Ashton entirely.

  Little things started to matter once again like the fact that she had nothing to wear and that her apartment was a no go zone.Jake's "friend" was yet to arrive and that was starting to bug Jane.

She  was more frantic with every passing minute.
What If his friend was a male?Seeing her in nothing but a towel in Jake's apartment may not really be a great first impression.

  Plus Jake probably wouldn't mind if she borrowed something of his right?

His apartment was a lot similar to hers so just like her, he also had a walk in closet but instead of being empty. it was filled with clothes ranging from formal to casual.

Different brands of suits and tuxes most of which looked expensive. What exactly did he mean by manage cause there is no way he could afford this by just managing two buildings.

  He was loaded.

Browsing through the casual section she grabbed the smallest pairs of sweats that one could find and a loose blue tee.

This should do, she thought smiling at her appearance through the mirror.

There was a knock on the door,  probably Jake or his friend.She hurriedly got dressed making her way towards the door trying not to trip on her own feet.

"Coming!" She yelled unlocking the door she pulled it open be, slamming it shut again.

  Ashton.

  There's no way in the world this could be happening. He could hear her heart pounding out of her chest.

"Let me in Jane, we don't want to cause a scene now do we?" He yelled from the other end,his voice laced with amusement.

  She  made her  way towards the kitchen flipping through  drawers in search of any  anything out of the ordinary that was kept in place for moments like these.

All she could find was some sort of jewel encrusted golden dagger amongst the other kitchen utensils it was the only thing that stood out.

Rich people I would never understand them.

She held the dagger in place cautiously moving towards the door.  He heard the clatter of utensils when she searched through the drawers and now he could also hear  her laboured breathing.

There was a scrunch before the door was ripped open, right off it's hinges.

Tossing it aside he turned to face her with that disgusting smirk on his face. He watched in wait to see what she would do.

  "Step back, don't come any closer!"  She yelled waving the dagger in the air like some possessed maniac.

  "Do not step foot into this apartment"  she demanded
edging backwards away from the door with the dagger still in place.

   she hoped to live to see another day, she  wouldn't even mind having to share it with Josie.

"This apartment is more so mine than it is yours" he teased  tilting his head a bit to the right.  He grinned, stalking her.

  she was blown away by his smile, for moment she actually forgot what he was here for. it did a wonderful job at masking the monster underneath the surface.

"Cute" he teased gesturing towards the weapon in her  hand. Needing to speed things up, Ashton was a man of his word and her six hours were already up.

   He plunged himself right onto the dagger.she gasped trying to pull her arm away from the dagger but he held it in place twisting it before  pulling out.

Cursive letters danced across his bare skin revealed by the torn patch on his shirt.The letters merged his skin back together healing him instantly.No groaning, hissing, no nothing no sign of discomfort.

"And harmless, just like you"

She gasped, freeing the dagger from her hold.He chucked amused by her vulnerability. Even after all that he still couldn't deny it, the pull, tugging him towards her clouding his judgement but he'd be damned if he let it get to him.

He paused sniffing the air around her. The lingering scent of something repulsive.

He glared right into her eyes, his a few shades darker than usual with this foreign glint of emotion.

  "You reek of him" he growled the unusual rumble sending a different wave of shivers down her spine.

    She was paralyzed with fear, his predatory steps gaining speed. She hoped that Jake would burst through what was left of the door before it was too late. She really should've stayed with Josie.

  A/N  Shortest chapter yet but still progress.