Eleven

"We leave tonight" He firmly stated leaving no room for an argument.

"We?" She asked stunned,still trying wrap her head around his sudden entry.

  He turned to leave completely ignoring her question.

"Wait, w-where?" She stuttered tripping over the floor itself in an attempt to reach him. She fell landing knee first on the floor. he watched with nothing but a flicker of amusement crossing his features.

She had never been more greatful for her Afrcan skin until now, he couldn't  see the proof of her embarrassment.

"We leave tonight" he  repeated  leaving a gust of wind in his wake. She rose to her feet both frustrated and confused.

Still on her quest to rid her apartment of the remnants of yesterday's encounter. The seventy something year old heap of flesh was still on her floor unmoving.

She stalked his sunken form watching his chest waiting for its usual rising and falling to signify that he was still breathing and indeed alive.

But instead he remained still, unmoving.

            ______________

The bell above the door rung as she made her way in.

She wore an impassive expression but underneath her neutral facade she was fuming.

The wannabe redhead behind the counter scowled at her but she paid no mind to her making her way towards the stairs leading up to her destination.

She finally took sometime to doll her self up. After cleaning out the trashed apartment she treated herself to an overdue spa day and even went shopping with  what she had left in her account.

Now dressed in a form fitting burgundy  dress topped off with a casual Jean jacket. She made her way up the stairs storming into the empty bar.

With no signs of him anywhere in sight she made her way towards the one place she knew he would be.

   His office

She barged in but what she didn't know was that he heard  the bell down below before she even walked through the café door so rather than surprise him, he was waiting for her arrival.

  She faltered in her steps watching him lean casually against his desk. He watched her every move whilst she was caught off guard by his appearance.

Dressed in a dark suit as always his jet black hair sleeked backwards without a single strand out of place. Even if she tried to deny it her body couldn't. He was devilishly handsome the dark aura that usually haunted only him now sent chills through his icy stare to anyone within his line of sight.

And it just so happened to  be her. He supported his weight on his desk with both arms still blatantly staring at her. She tried her best to not forget her reason for coming here.

"We need to talk" she tried to sound confident but he could detect the slight waver in her voice.  She waited for a response but all he did was blink lazily at her once then continued staring.

"Wherever it is you plan on taking me tonight--" She paused trying to mirror his expression but he didn't give anything away just that same blank stare.

"I'm not going to go, not until  you tell me what you've done with Jake" He didn't even blink just tilted his head slightly to the left a flicker of amusement and mirth flashing through his eyes for a quick second.

"I'm not g--" He whizzed through the room slamming her into the wall behind her. He watched her with both fascination and annoyance the latter most prominent.

Caging her in with both arms he pushed her deeper into the wall. She couldn't feel even an atom of warmth radiating from his body, only a coolness as icy as his stare.

He pushed his body closer to hers satisfied with her shaky breath. He leaned in closer his lips grazing her cheek in a feather like kiss.

"Sleep" he whispered gazing deep into her brown orbs. She tried to fight the command, forcing her body not fall into a deep trance.

But the harder she fought the deeper she fell.

          <<<<<<<<<<

                  1856

On her knees, kneeling in front of a man with her head bowed to the ground as a sign of what should be respect, she feared for her life.

  "P-please let me go, I've done nothing wrong!" She pleaded hoping someone would understand her but her  chances were slim.

They conversed rapidly with  their leader in a language she could not understand. He watched her from his position on his throne with thirsty eyes. His stare repulsed her, she cowered away trying to shield herself from his eyes and him entirely.

He flicked his hand and the man beside her one of the men who brought her here made his way out of the room leaving her with him, the other guard and spectators.

It took a while but her returned although not alone. With a woman dressed in some funny clothes and a very odd hairstyle. She offered Macy a polite smile helping her to her feet.

Nodding at the chief she freed Macy of her restraints making her way out of the room. He watched her leave the room his tongue darting out to wet his bottom lip.

Questions swirling all around his mind.

Where was she found?
Are there more of her?
Did she come alone?
What is she like?

He needed not  to wonder much about the last question bugging his mind for in a short while he was going to find all the answers he sought.

She feared for her life wanting nothing more than to escape before that man got his hands on her.

She wished for a lot of things, wished she chose love over exploring the world. Wished she listened and waited.

She believed everything that has ever happened to her had a reason for happening.

   Could this be included?