Six

She groaned trying to lift her arms but they were forced back by the restraints chained to the wall.

The groggy images from earlier on began to filter in.

  The dagger, Ashton then it all went blank she couldn't remember anything else beyond the point where he stabbed himself with the  dagger.

  "Help!" She yelled tugging at the restraints. The burning sensation tingling her senses, she clenched her teeth in pain glancing around the cold bare room.

The door slammed open to reveal the devil himself glaring with his signature sinister smirk.

"Well, isn't this lovely" he taunted covering the distance between them.

A timid old man following behind him, the sight of a familiar face sparked even the slightest bit of hope within her.

  "Mr Alejandro" She breathed out shifting to an upright position trying to reach him.

"Y-You have to help me, I've been kidnapped by him and I don't even know what he is, it's not safe here we need to get out of here"  Gesturing towards Ashton she  deliberately pleaded still tugging at the restraints.

He remained impassive, ignoring her call for help.

"Es ella?" He asked turning to face Ashton, she didn't speak or understand spanish so no surprise there.

"Deshacer el hechizo" he said huskily his voice sending its usual tingles.

  "No hay hechizo, ella no es una bruja" Mr Alejandro responded gesturing towards Jane.

"Impossible!" He exclaimed in response slamming his fist into wall next to her.She squeaked moving away from the hole.

"Comó te sientes?" Mr Alejandro asked approaching her with slow, steady steps.

He looked nothing like the charming old man she spent most of my evenings with.

He had a deranged look in his eyes, Jane knew nothing of their plans but with the way he was looking at her,  she had a feeling that she was just about to find out.

Was he talking to me?

He seemed not to be paying attention to anything else in the room.

"Nothing" Ashton gritted out.

  "Muy bien" he whispered gazing deep into her eyes.

  It started off as a mere prick just a slight discomfort till it intensified, Clogging her airway setting her  on fire.

  she  tried so hard to look away but she just couldn't, it was raw electricity sucking the life out of her.

"Stop!" She  screamed trashing wildly. Her head robotically turned to face Ashton, tears streaming down my face. He felt it, her sheer desperation.

  You could see the throbbing prominent veins on his neck, he squinted his eyes at her quivering form trying his best to restrain himself.

  "Basta!" His voice boomed, tossing Mr Alejandro aside he glared down at her. The pain didn't stop if anything it doubled.

"Dime cómo te sientes" he calmly stated over her screams dusting himself off from the floor.

  He didn't seem injured or bruised, that was a pretty rough landing. He couldn't be like Ashton could he?

"No se solo para!" Ashton yelled in response, he seemed satisfied with his answer making his way out of the metal door. Leaving her a whimpering mess.

  "Perché non posso farti del male!" He yelled in what seemed to be italian? She wasn't sure,he switched between both languages expertly.

  she couldn't understand a single thing that he was spewing out of his mouth. She only understood English and bits and pieces of Russian because of josie.

  He turned to face Jane smirking deviously at her damaged state.

  Crouching down to her  level he leaned in, lips brushing her cheeks, leaving a burning trail of desire wherever their skins met.

"I may not be able to physically hurt you, but make no mistake bruja I will get my answers one way or another so just sit back and enjoy the show" he whispered, pulling away.

                _________

  The door was slammed open jolting  her awake. An unconscious Jake was rolled in, strapped to a wheelchair by Ashton.

"Jake?" She gasped praying he was still alive.

"Last chance Jane, tell me what I need to know" he cynically said flashing her a half smile.

  she kept her mouth shut not knowing what he meant or what he wanted. Jane was a girl who had nothing to her  name and she's never stolen anything but cookies in her  entire life and occasionally a day old muffin.

  He took my silence as a challenge. Turning to face me his eyes tinted getting darker and darker till they were nothing but black lifeless orbs. Blue-green veins running down his cheek from the bottom of his eyes.

  He smiled baring a set of  fangs at her, she flinched wondering what he was. he turned to face Jake eyes glazed with determination.

"No, stop" she pleaded, that only fueled his anger.

He clamped down hard on his neck, jolting him awake.His eyes were wide and frantic glancing all around the cold room. He let out  an ear piercing scream struggling against Ashton's hold.

He seemed to be getting paler each second, Ashton fed greedily glancing towards her. She was still, frozen in shock. To her the stories about the creatures of the night were just that stories, Tall tales parents used to get their children to behave even Josie's pulled that trick on her once or twice.

Violent tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Stop!" She sobbed tugging harder at the restraints.

What could he possibly want from her? There was nothing she held dear to her. Nothing of actual value in a materialistic sense  but on an emotional level in terms of sentiment she had-

"The blanket!"  She yelled thoughtlessly  through her  tear filled daze. There was no way that could be what he was looking for but if it kept Jake alive and gave her more time to even try and escape she was willing to take it.

Now she just hoped that he'd take the bait.

  "Cobija?" He asked pulling away from Jake who passed out instantly, turning to face her his blood smeared fangs still in sight. A few drops dripping from his chin.

Wiping off all the excess blood he whizzed through the air stopping right in front of her. She was visibly shaking and for her sake he hoped she was telling him the truth.

"Good" he simply stated patting her on the head like you would a pet dog.

"He's your friend" she  whispered on the verge of another breakdown.

"They come and go Jane, trust me I did you a favour by scaring him off"