Chapter Forty-One (Murder Theories 101)

It's the next day and we're all gathered in Kirito's home. He called us here and when I arrived, his expression was serious. Has something happened? Once everyone is present, questions begin to be asked.

"What's up, Kirito? You almost never have all of us get together like this." Yuuki asks and Silica tilts her head in confusion.

"Are we going to hunt the rest of those field bosses down to continue on in the Flugel quest?" She asks. I'd like to know the answer to all of this myself. We all look to Kirito for the answer to this get-together. Kirito rubs the back of his neck. He only does that when he's anxious about something.

"Actually, I'm sorry to ask this of you guys all of a sudden, but... I want you to stay off of GGO for a while." His answer leaves everyone in shock.

"But, what about the SBC Flugel quest?" Kureha asks and Zeliska nods, wanting to know what this sudden request was about.

"What's going on? I would imagine you've got some good reasons for asking that of us." Even Itsuki speaks up, wanting to know Kirito's reason behind this.

"Yeah, I want to hear them. If you've got something convincing, I'll consider what you're asking." Asuna gives Kirito a stern glare.

"Kirito, did you get caught up in something serious again?" Leafa sighs, shaking her head.

"You know that's not it, Asuna. Kirito's always voluntarily sticking his nose into trouble." Lisbeth nods, agreeing with Leafa.

"You're right. So, give us all the details, Kirito. Go on then, spill the beans like always!" Lisbeth exclaims. I sigh, placing my hand on my hip.

"Just what is it now, Kirito?" A part of me is dreading this answer. Like I feel like I might know what he's about to mention. Kirito shakes his head at all of the accusations the girls are giving him.

"So this is how you guys see me, huh?" Kirito asks and even Yui nods.

"Based on careful observation of your actions up until this point, Daddy, what Mommy and Leafa are saying is correct." Premiere looks over in Yui's direction.

"I see. That could prove useful. I'd like that data as well." Kirito flinches.

"You too, Yui and Premiere...? Well, you guys are right. However, I didn't go looking for trouble this time. It came looking for me when I was contacted by someone. They told me something sinister is happening in GGO." I knew it. I knew I wasn't going to like where this was going. Itsuki beside me echos Kirito.

"Someone...?" Kirito nods.

"I can't say who that someone is, but let's just say that they're an official I got to know because of something that happened a long time ago. They don't know too much about VR games, so they sometimes ask me to look into things." I frown in concern. I know who he's talking about. Kirito is in contact with Kikuoka again. Just why though? What sinister plot is going down in GGO? Could it be related to XaXa? Kureha tilts her head in confusion at what Kirito said.

"An official? You mean like a police officer? Wait... Kirito, are you some sort of bigwig in real life?" Kirito laughs, shaking his head.

"No way. I'm just a concerned citizen who's trying to do the right thing. What I'm about to tell you is classified information. Honestly, I really want you guys to stay away from GGO, but... I guess you won't just take my word on this. And that's why I agreed to this request on one condition: that I be allowed to tell you guys at least a little bit about what's going on. Please don't tell anyone, not even your friends or family. Can you guys promise me that?" Kirito asks everyone. We all nod, our expressions serious.