Chapter Thirty-One (Confusing Feelings)

When I woke up in my room, Eiji was no longer there. I yawn, stretching as the blanket falls from my shoulders. Hm? I don't remember crawling under the blanket. I was laying on top with Eiji, wasn't I? I spot a note on my table so I get out of the bed to investigate it. When I'm closer, I can see it's from Eiji.

"(Y/N), when you wake up, I probably won't be there. So I'm leaving this note to let you know that I headed out. You fell asleep while we were talking last night. You should really take better care of yourself, you know. I'll be around, so just send me a message whenever you want to party up."

I smile at the note. Eiji seems so cold at times, but he really does care. When Hikaru enters, he seems to have the expression that he has something to tell me.

"What's wrong, Hikaru?" He frowns in confusion.

"I caught Itsuki and Argo having a strange conversation. I don't understand what they were talking about. They were in such a deep conversation, that they didn't even notice me!" I tilt my head in confusion.

"Hm? Are they still there? I'm curious now." He nods. We leave and upon approaching Argo's corner of Glocken, Itsuki and Argo's conversation seems to have ended. I just barely managed to hear Itsuki.

"This completes our business." He states. Argo nods in agreement, folding her arms under her chest.

"Okey-dokey. Wishin' ya the best." She responds back. I flinch when Itsuki's gaze meets my own. I suddenly get the feeling like I intruded upon something I shouldn't have.

"Eh heh, Hikaru, maybe we should leave..." I mutter in his direction awkwardly. I smile at Argo when she notices me.

"Ah, (Y/N). Is there perhaps any information you're looking for?" She asks. Itsuki stumbles upon his words upon being caught asking the informant for information.

"Ah, hello (Y/N)." He clears his throat, regaining his composure.

"Forgive me, but I'm in something of a hurry. We'll talk later, (Y/N)." With that, he leaves as fast as he possibly can without it seeming suspicious. But, let's be honest. This whole ordeal was suspicious. Argo chuckles, returning her attention back to me.

"Right then, whatcha need? I appreciate ya comin' around so often, but that also happens to leave me fresh low on some tips." She states with a chuckle. I shake my head, signifying that I wasn't here for information.

"I'll be honest, Hikaru happened to spot the two of you in a conversation so I was just curious what you both were talking about. But, I guess it was rather nosey of me in the first place." I chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of my neck. Argo laughs.

"Alls good. Say, you're good pals with Itsuki, aren't ya?" I nod.

"I bet you're probably wondering what he was doing over here. I'd be willing to part with the information if you were willing to part with some of your own." I frown playfully.

"Aren't you already selling information about me? I had a squadmate ask about my skill quite awhile back." She laughs.

"I am. However, I'm looking for the more... interesting stuff to say the least. Examples being: your favorite food, your favorite fighting style, your favorite gun... I'll be willing to pay fairly for any information you've got about yourself... I picked up a nice new client recently, y'know?" I raise a brow in interest and confusion. Was Itsuki trying to look up information about me?

"Of course, keep your personal information out of it. You're as much my friend as the others, and I'd hate to see somethin happen to you again." Argo finishes. Hikaru looks at me in excitement.