Chapter Thirty-Two (Intermission)

It's an entirely new day. (Y/N) was out doing some quick hunts by herself for a little extra money while Hikaru was out on an errand. Kureha knew that her friend wasn't going to be at her place when she entered. However, she didn't expect Itsuki to be in there by himself.

"Itsuki? What are you doing here?" He looked up to Kureha from a note he'd been reading for some reason on (Y/N)'s table.

"I'd assume the same reason as you. Find out who she wants to bring with her onto that ship." Kureha frowned in concern. These past couple days, the other male had been concerning her. It wasn't concern for herself, but concern for (Y/N).

"You're staring. Is there something you wish to talk about?" Itsuki asks the pinkette. Kureha's eyes widened in shock, as she had indeed been staring at the male. She quickly shook her head.

"N-no! It was an accident." An awkward silence filled the room as the two sat around, waiting for something to happen. Finally, the door opened and something happened. It was Zeliska and Daisy who came in through the door. At the sight of Zeliska, Kureha relaxed a bit, however, the male in the room did the exact opposite. His eyes narrowed in distaste. Obviously the person he wanted to come through that door wasn't Zeliska. He let out a sigh of distaste as Zeliska waved at the two.

"Hello! Is (Y/N) and Hikaru around?" Zeliska asked. Itsuki was the one to respond.

"What do you want? There's nobody here besides Kureha and I." Kureha nodded, however was more inviting on her response.

"No, it's only the two, or well, four of us here right now. (Y/N) went out on a few hunts and Hikaru was running some errands for her in the mean time." Zeliska smiled at the younger female.

"Well, we can wait for a little while. Daisy, lets make ourselves a bit more comfortable." She looks over at the stoic ArFA-sys, who nods at her master's words. Itsuki frowns, folding his arms in disinterest.

"Just to be clear, I had other things going on today that needed taken care of." He states. A glare is sent in Zeliska's direction. It's quite obvious that the two have some unspoken distaste for one another, as she questions Itsuki's mood.

"Oh, what's with the glare?" She asks, teasing the male. She then smiles, loosening up a bit.

"You don't need to be so alarmed. I'm not here on any super big business, I promise." She states, however there's a hint of hostility in her smile towards the male. Kureha smiles awkwardly and laughs, trying to loosen the tension between the two.

"It sure has gotten hectic around here, lately. Especially with Kirito and his friends dropping by all the time." At the mention of the photon-sword user, Itsuki looks over at Kureha.

"What about some new friends?" Kureha raises a brow at Itsuki's question.

"New friends? Oh, are you talking about Eiji? When did you hear about him?" She asked. Itsuki looks away.

"It's nothing. I heard that a new sword-user was in the game. One that wasn't Kirito, so it happened to catch my attention. Honestly, I wish things were quieter. I wish (Y/N) would hurry up and figure out who she wants to bring along to the ship..." Itsuki smoothly changed the subject. Zeliska chuckled at his words.

"For once I actually agree with you!" Zeliska exclaims. Itsuki seems to subtly glare at the silver-haired woman. Zeliska either doesn't notice, or doesn't care, as she continues on in thought.

"You know, it's interesting. I've known very few people who have the gift of bringing people together, and (Y/N) happens to be one of them." Zeliska states. Kureha nods in agreement.