She took his offered hand and shook it slowly, realizing how tense she was over all this sudden turn of events. "Uh...Maria Patter--"

"That's okay, I already know that." He interrupted politely, letting go of her hand, taking a step closer, and putting his hands in his pockets. "I'm very sorry to bother you during your break, especially since we don't have anything scheduled today but there is an emergency going on." He paused briefly as if waiting for her reaction.

"Emergency?" Her brows shot up, getting alarmed at the word 'emergency' being mentioned in conjunction with Jayden.

Daniel nodded solemnly. "Yes miss, an urgent matter has come up regarding Mr. Stanley's health condition." He explained, still standing before her.

A chill ran down her spine. Was it just paranoia, or did he say that there is an emergency and it involves Jayden? "How serious is this matter?" She asked, finding herself unable to think of any other question to ask at the moment.

His answer was swift. "It isn't life-threatening, but it's serious enough to require your presence immediately." He voiced, clearly agitated.

She frowned at the alarming information he just dropped. "Presence? Has he been taken to the hospital?"

"No. He refuses to do anything, goes anywhere unless he sees you."

"Me?" She questioned, her tone dripping with astonishment. She knew her patient well enough and how indifferent he could deadly be. Jayden could prefer exhausting his last breaths rather than requesting a doctor. The situation seemed new and surprising. 

Daniel moved back to the limo and opened one of its doors. "Allow me to take you to him, Doctor Patterson." He invited, gesturing for her to enter.

Maria stared at the offered entrance and could see the glittering lights radiating from inside the sumptuous vehicle.  Her eyes constantly darted from the car to the man inviting her and then to the door again, unsure of whether to trust this unexpected invitation or not. There was nothing to be afraid of, she knew that. There was enough proof considering how they mutually recognized each other but she couldn't help but hesitate.

"Miss?" He sounded, prompting her once again.

She looked into his eyes and saw the concern there. There was no point in holding back. She had a job to do and whether she liked it or not, it was already stated in the contract that she could be summoned at any given time. It would also give her a modicum of relief to see the condition of her patient herself.

Maria moved closer, taking a deep breath and her fists were curled with determination. "Thank you," she did not forget to appreciate his kind courtesy before entering the spacious compartment.

It was her first time riding in a luxury automobile. She had never been that close to a limousine in her entire life not to talk of entering one. But now she was getting a ride in one and it was a sight she will remember for the rest of her life, despite the reason why she entered. The soft leather seats and warm interior made her feel instantly relaxed and comfortable, giving her the impression of having just woken up in bed instead of walking out of her house for work. Everything was also white, a stark contrast to the night outside the window and the city streets below. The limo even smelled like vanilla candles and expensive perfumes, making the air inside seem so much more luxurious.

Maria decided to settle on the closest seat to the door she had passed through earlier, sitting down on the long sofa opposite similar furniture. The space was ample and she felt almost like an intruder sitting there, staring blankly out the windows while Daniel closed the door behind her.