Chapter 41- OUT OF THE WOODS

Start from the beginning

Mum rushed towards me and immediately rested her hands on my cheeks, "Honey, oh my lord you're okay. Did you know how worried I was?!"

"Is Derek okay?!!!" was the first thing I asked.

"Yes. He's sent to the hospital room now."

I let out a sigh of relief as Mr and Mrs Blaze walked towards me.

"Dawn, we want to thank you, for saving our son." Mr Blaze exclaimed.

"It was all my fault.  I should be the one thanking. If it wasn't for me he wouldn't be bitten."

"But if you didn't risk yourself for Derek he wouldn't be alive either." Mr Blaze exclaimed.

I gave in and started, "Can I see Derek?"

Mr Blaze nodded and led me to his room.

I went in alone and there he was, laying in bed with his bandage wrapped arm.

I sat on the bed beside him and placed my hand on his.

"I'm sorry that our first date didn't go as well as imagined." I whispered and leaned towards him and kissed his forehead.

I rested my head on his chest and slowly fell asleep.

*****

I felt the sun burning my eyes and slowly opened my eyes and found the most beautiful person lying on my chest, Dawn.

I moved a little and accidentally woke her up.

Her eye lids fluttered and she immediately let herself go away from me so I could sit straight.

She helped me up and we stared at each other for mere seconds then tears started streaming down her face.

I immediately wiped it off her face with my finger and whispered, "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, Derek... I'm so sorry." she whispered as she sobbed.

"Ssshh... don't cry. I'm alive, right?" I whispered back and let her rest her head on the crook of my neck.

Seeing her cry hurts. It's magical that how she could make me happy yet cruel that she can make me sad in seconds.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

She started grabbing tight to my shirt and hugged me tighter.

I didn't mind about the pain on my arm and I didn't thought if I should kiss her and immediately kissed her on the lips.

It was kinda salty because of her tears but I didn't mind... I just... kissed her you know?

Dawn's POV

I didn't know what I was doing either I mean... we hardly know each other and now I'm kissing him?? What even...

But I liked it. I liked every second of it and after what just happened... how I sacrificed myself for him, I think I'm in love with him.

*****

Derek fell asleep very soon and I tip-toed out of the bedroom and saw mum sitting on a chair.

I walked towards her and asked, "Mum, can I stay here for the night?"

"But you have school tomorrow." mum exclaimed.

"Please mum, lemme stay." I pleaded.

"No, just go to school tomorrow and I promise that I'll let you stay here tomorrow night." mum exclaimed and what can I say?

*****

I was daydreaming in Mr Teal's class, totally ignoring everybody and Jamie.

I'm not in a mood of trying to get back with Jamie. All I was wishing was class to end.

The bell finally rang which meant I could finally visit Derek.

I was the first one to run out of class when suddenly someone tapped my back.

I looked around and found Sean.

"Where are you heading to?" Sean asked.

"The hospital." I replied.

Urgh are you done talking yet?!

"I'm going too. I'll bring you." he suggested.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Wow. So after a creepy snake bite, they fell in love. Anyone wants a snake bite??

Please vote, comment and follow me if you want to be loved like Dawn.

Written by: @taylor_swift_t_