Chapter 39- COME IN WITH THE RAIN

Dawn's POV

"I'm so sorry." I whispered as we kept on staring at each other.

He immediately pushed himself up and gave me a hand.

I took it and he pulled me up.

"Ugh... this day couldn't get any worse, right?" I asked when suddenly I felt water dripping on me.

I looked up and realized it was raining.

Really?! Raining?!

Both of us started laughing like crazy as the rain wet my hair and clothes.

Oh my god, my book!

I immediately turned into around and ran towards my bag and grabbed my book from the side of the bag and hugged it tight in case it gets spolied.

"Hey! What are you doing? We should get shelter!" I heard Derek's voice from the back.

I ran back to him and said, "Sorry, let's go."

He then grabbed my hand and we both started running towards I have no idea where.

Normally this situation I would've pushed him away and ask him where the hell he's bringing me but surprisingly, I didn't... I actually trust him.

We arrived at a huge house and he immediately got keys out of his pocket.

Wait, is this his house?

He was walking in and I didn't know if I should follow...

"What are you waiting for? Come in." he beckoned.

"I-I don't think it's a good idea you know cause I'm wet. " I added.

He said, "Then COME IN WITH THE RAIN!" and grabbed my hand and pulled me in and upstairs.

He opened a white door and walked towards the wardrobe and grabbed a towel.

He handed it to me and said, "Go get yourself dried, the bathroom's that way." he pointed.

I nodded and walked towards that direction.

This day has been awkward.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize I bumped into a hard chest. I looked up and saw Sean.

Oh my god this is just... I think he might be like 'Why is she here in my house?!'

Awkward moments just don't stop do they?

"Uh... hi." I faked a smile.

"W-what are you doing here?" he raised his eyebrow.

"You know... just... chilling." I said. Well, it sounded more like a question but you know... I guess it was an answer?

"Chilling? In my house? With your clothes wet?" he asked.

We bother stared at each other for a few seconds then I started bursting into laughter and said, "You're right, I'm not just 'chilling' in your house..."

"How'd you even get in here anyway?" he asked.

I heard footsteps coming from behind and heard Derek's voice saying, "Will you just let the girl get dried already?!"

Sean nodded and made way for me. I got into the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

Hmm... Derek's voice kinda sound more than 'letting me get dried'. Was he jealous? Pfft, what am I thinking?!