Chapter 28- The date

Kyle's POV

She left, just like that. Well, not my fault.

I scrolled through my contacts and called Teresa. She picked up the phone after 4 rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me"

"Kyle! So did you talk her out of going out with Zach?"

"No."

"What?! She cannot date Zach!"

"Why not?!"

"Zach is a playboy! You know how he is!"

"I think it's because you still haven't forgot about Zach, Teresa."

Midnight's POV

I ran as fast as I could, crying. I can't go back home... not when I'm like this.

I got back to the hospital and saw Zach, asleep on the hospital bed. I quietly sat beside him on the bed and stared at him.

I don't get it you know? Zach is like the hot, cool, awesome guy but he's actually having a crush on me, a girl which is not good at anything except stalking Taylor Swift.

I ran my fingers softly through his forehead and his eyes started opening. I quickly took my hand away from his forehead.

"Hey." he smiled.

"Hey."

"What time is it?"

I looked at my watch and read the time, "It's 12am."

"You should go home... your mum's gonna kill me."

"Don't worry,  I told my mum I'm staying here for the night."

"And she's okay with it?"

"Of course! She's known you like forever, remember? She's pretty worried about you too." I exclaimed.

Why do I have this awkward feeling between me and him? And whenever I tried to act like nothing was wrong the memory of us kissing came flashing through my mind and I don't want this!

"Hey! Are you alright?" Zach snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Y-yea, I'm fine." No I'm not!

"It's about the kiss is it?" Zach grinned.

How'd he know?!

I took a deep breath and stood up saying, "I uh... wanna go to the bathroom for a while."

I immediately ran out and into the bathroom and washed my hands and my face. I looked myself in the mirror and said, "What is wrong with you, Midnight?! He's a friend why are you so nervous?! I love Kyle remember? Not Zach and I could never love two guys at the same time, right?"

Suddenly I heard someone said, "Yes you can."

I turned around and saw Zach. What the hell is he doing in the lady's room?!

"Zach! What are you doing here?"

"To tell you that I will not give up on loving you."

"Zach, please don't."

He came close to me and whispered in my ear, "Go out with me, after I get out of this hell hole."

"Y-you mean like a date?"

He looked me in the eye and put a strand of my hair behind my ear with his finger as he nods, "So, will you go out on a date with me?"

Well, since I told Kyle that Zach and I are sorta in love. Maybe I should? And besides, it's also a thing I could do to carry on without Kyle, right?

I smiled and took a deep breath, "Okay."

He started screaming "Yes" so loud when a woman got into the restroom, she stared at Zach awkwardly. We both smiled and nod at her as she got into the bathroom.

I smiled at Zach and whispered, "Could we go out now?"

He burst into a small laugh and nodded as he pulled me out of the restroom.

*****

I woke up on a Sunday morning and looked at my alarm clock, yes, the one I stole from Jack. 12.45. Oh my, holy shit! The date... oh my god!

I quickly rushed into the bathroom and started brushing my teeth and quickly wore APPROPRIATE clothes. It's not like I'm seeing Kyle or something. Ugh! Midnight, you have to stop thinking about him now! Just go out and relax for a day and everything will be okay.

DROP EVERYTHING NOW! MEET ME IN THE...

"Hello?" I picked up my phone without even knowing who I'm talking to.

"Hey, are you ready?"

"Zach?"

"I'm right downstairs, look out your window!"

I ran towards my window and slid the curtains aside and the first view I saw was Teresa and Kyle, doing homework together... which they don't look like they are doing homework.

I quickly shook my head, cleared my thoughts and look down below.  I saw Zach, smiling at me with both of his hands tucked in his jeans pocket.

I opened the window and started shouting at Zach, "Hi! I'll be right there! Just lemme grab a jacket!"

"Okay!" he shouted back.

I smiled and looked up again as I saw Teresa and Kyle kissing. I glared at them, which they couldn't see, and grabbed my jacket and ran downstairs.

I opened the front door and saw Zach standing in front of me with his hands hiding at the back which tells me there's something behind there.

He gave me a sly smile and I asked, "What's at your back? Flowers? Chocolates?"

"Do you like flowers or chocolate?" he asked playfully.

"I like none of them so if it is flowers or chocolate I think you should give it to someone else because I don't..." before I finish my sentence, he handed me a bouquet of apples. Yes, apples.

I stared at him blankly and he said, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away and there are 5 apples which is they're only enough for 5 days so you'll need apples from me when you ran out of it and you'll need me and then we go out on another date."

I took the apples away from him as I said, "Nice plan. Let's get going."

I pushed him towards his car and we both went in together.

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked as I observed the road.

"The hardware store."he smirked.

"H-hardware store?? Why are we going to the hardware store? You need a new fork or something?"

"Yes,  I desperately need a new fork," he said playfully and he became serious as he continued, "so I can stab the fried chicken in KFC, take a video and post it on YouTube and tell everyone I'm a terrorist."

I started laughing but I realized he wasn't and then I stopped and said seriously, "Wait, you're kidding... right?"

He looked at me with his creepy, serious stare and then suddenly he started laughing, "You haven't changed a bit! You're still as stupid as you were when you're 5."

I hit his arm and commanded, "Drive, Mr!"

He looked back at the road with his usual ANNOYING smirk on his face.

TO BE CONTINUED...

SERIOUSLY?! WE'RE GONNA DATE IN A HARDWARE STORE?!

Hardware store... hmm.. what are they gonna do there? Weird...

Please vote, comment and follow me. Thank you.

Written by: taylor_swift_t_