Meta

Josie's POV

I stick out a hand from the comforter to reach for Hope, but her spot is empty.
I rub my eyes and I sit up. I look around the room and Hope isn't here.

I'm about to get up when I hear a ruckus outside. Barging in, comes Hope with a tray of food.
"Damn it!" She exclaims as she sees me.
"It was supposed to be a surprise." She says making me grin.
"Well, I am still surprised", I say. "What's all this?"
"Breakfast in bed." She says as she walks over to place the tray on the bed.

"Did you eat yet?" I ask her as she greets me with a kiss.
"No, I was waiting to wake up up." She replies sweetly.
"What made you make breakfast today?" I ask Hope as she sits down on the bed.
"I just wanted to wake my beautiful girlfriend up with some breakfast, that's all." She replies.
"You're such a romantic." I tease her.
"Shut up."
We both laugh.

I look down to take a look at the breakfast Hope prepared.
"Yeah I know, I tired replicating your breakfast yoghurt bowl, but kinda didn't turn out as I wanted it to." She laughs.
I bring my hand to Hope's face and I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear.
"It's wonderful, Hope."

We both chat and we eat our breakfast.

"So what's our update on the necromancer and the monsters?" I ask Hope

"Your dad says everything seems okay, but I think things are a little too quiet." She says.
"How so?" I question her.

She places her fork down.

"I don't know after the necromancer and the gnomes appearing, it's just been too quiet", Hope tells me. "like, when is the next monster going to be spat out."
"The next monster could come any day or even today, but let's hope it doesn't." I say.
Hope lets out a dry chuckle. "Yeah, let's hope not."

As if on cue, commotion is heard outside.
"Oh my god, please don't be a monster." I groan.

Hope's POV

Josie and I get out of bed, hand in hand. We walk to the front doors to see Dr. Saltzman already there.

"What is it now?" I ask him.
"Ummmm..." He stutters.
All three of us jump back in surprise when the doors of the school burst open. My family was here.

Josie and my face lit up immediately, but Dr. Saltzman's face was worried.
"He-." I begin to speak, but I'm cut off by Aunt Rebekah vamping her way to Dr. Saltzman.

She then stands right in front of him with a glare that could kill.

"How dare you not tell us about any of this?!", She yells. "How could you not tell us our niece was killed!"
Dr. Saltzman trembled in fear.
"Auntie!" I scold her.

Aunt Rebekah turns away from Dr. Saltzman and she pulls both Josie and I into a death grip.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Auntie Bex sighs into me.
"I'm glad too." I reply with a hoarse voice.
"Oh sorry, love." She says before breaking her grip on us.