That smirk always gets me

Josie's POV

Why does Lizzie always have to be so mean, she's so insensitive why can't she keep the mean things in her mouth! I'm so frustrated and angry all I need right now is a hug.

I ran straight to the mill.
I was trying to calm my breathing but I couldn't all I needed was to light something.

I siphoned some magic from the bracelet mum gave me, it was supposed to keep me calm it wasn't working.
I yelled as I lit the chair in the corner.

I watched as it went in flames.

I collapsed onto the floor sobbing, I don't know why maybe I was just so tired being the selfless, perfect role model.

I was still sobbing trying to steady my breath when I heard running footsteps coming towards me.
I stood up and wiped my tears.
The person who walked in was...Hope. She looked at me with a sad smile.

"Jo, come here." Hope says as she opens her arms.

I ran straight into Hopes arms as if my life depended on it.
I then cried and sobbed on her shoulder— making her shirt drenched in my tears.

Hope's POV

I hugged Josie as tight as I could, she was sobbing and breathing quite hard. I rubbed her back as we were sat on the floor.

"Don't take what Lizzie said to heart okay." I say to Josie.
"I can't help it, she's always so nice, but then she'll say something really mean a-and I don't know what to do." Josie says.

We pull apart and she wipes her tears.

"I'm sorry about your shirt and sorry for bothering you", Josie says standing up. "I should get back to the Sch-." I cut her off.
"You are never a bother to me, I'm always here for you okay." I say standing up with her.
A warm smirk made its way across my face.

Josie chuckled.
"What's so funny." I question Josie.
"Nothing it-it's just that smirk always gets me." Josie says while blushing and looking down.

I lift her chin up— making her face me and I leaned in, kissing her softly.
She pulls away quickly and she asks me if I could hear anyone in the distance.
"No I put up an invisibility barrier— that's also sound proof." I say reassuring her.

She smiled and pulled me back into a passionate kiss.

After a while we got up and left.
I told Josie to go for a head start five minutes before I leave so it's not sus.

Cleo's POV

I stood waiting for Josie at her dorm, when Lizzie walked up to me.
I was leaning against the wall next to the door.

"Cleo if you see Josie can... y-you please tell her I'm sorry and that I didn't mean it." she said with a drooping face.
"Lizzie not to sound rude, but it's not really in my authority to apologise to Jo and you should try to mend things with her yourself." I say trying to sound sincere.
She nodded and went into the room.

I waited ten more minutes when Josie walked up to me.
"Hey so... Um are you... Alright?" I ask trying not to sound pokey.
"I'm fine as always." She says, but I knew it wasn't the truth.

"Can you handle Lizzie, she's inside and she wants to apologise." I tell Josie.
"I just need more time, could I crash at yours?" I nod.