Chapter 4: Need to push through - Act. 2 - 3

Start from the beginning

narrow passage where they eventually came out inside a huge mausoleum-like room. They have finally arrived in a secret hangar and in the middle of it the is just as the Patriarch had described, it was the aircraft carrier. The two quickly run towards the carriage but were abruptly stopped by a huge red and bulky automaton that emerged from the ground it destroyed. It was another metal ogre however it was not the same as the previous two, it was a prototype designed for infiltration and covert operations. The red metal ogre was able to track them inside the hangar causing their delay to escape the royal dwelling. Equipped with a huge drill on its left arm --with blades that are disoriented and have no distinctive shape--, a solid metal arm on the right, and a long metallic tail, it was ready to assault its target. Lox tries to find a way to get past the red metal ogre but unfortunately due to its massive body, it had blocked the entire path to the carriage. The enemy was already locking on the two, they knew that defeating the warmech was the only way for them to get through, and so Lox and Bass readied themselves for a battle they cannot avoid.

 The enemy was already locking on the two, they knew that defeating the warmech was the only way for them to get through, and so Lox and Bass readied themselves for a battle they cannot avoid

Lox and Bass fought the enemy in their desolation mode as they both took turns, randomly attacking it on each side. The metal ogre retaliated by using its right arm and attempted to hit the me-reet. Lox manages to block the warmechs incoming punch with his rapier, while futile as it may be due to the thick metal armor of the enemy, Lox relentlessly shoots its body using his assault rifle. The warmech finally used its drill arm as he tries to finish him by striking directly on his direction, but was deflected by Bass's zweihander buster blade at the last moment. The metal ogre turned its attention to the mercenary leader and began attacking him with small missiles that were lunch from its thorax. As soon as it got near Bass the missiles began exploding and emitted a very bright flash of light. The attack temporarily blinded Bass's visions that allowed the enemy to successfully hit him with a punch; throwing the mercenary to the walls. The warmech was busy attacking the base that gave room for the me-reet to attack it freely. He focused his assault rifle on the enemy's eye-core and shoots it, making the enemy lost its capability to track them. Unable to detect anything, the metal ogre went into a rampage as it randomly attacks the area. The two saw an opportunity to avoid the enemy and seized their moment as they head for the aircraft carrier, however at that moment, the metal ogre was unexpectedly able to shove them away using its huge metallic tail, sending them once again near the entrance of the hangar. The warmech was no longer capable of tracking its target and therefore decided to us its missiles as it opened its shoulder pads and launched multiple projectiles randomly hitting the place. Three of these was heading for the aircraft carriage but Bass saw this and was quick to act, as he runs toward the aircraft he swiftly used Harmonize to

form his gunblade and manage to block the missile and defend it by triggering a vibration caused by his gunblade that shielded the impact of the explosion however this threw him directly towards the aircraft carrier, where he crashed and injured his body, disabling him to move for a while. The blinded metal ogre started swinging its drill arm randomly then charged directly to the aircraft carriers were Bass is currently. The me-reet saw this and quickly raced to his aid and immediately grabbed him, he then pointed his assault rifle towards the enemy, as he tries to shoot down the frenzied machine. Unluckily for them the warmech crashed over their only transport causing both to explode and destroyed in the process. Lox noticed that Bass was now unconscious due to the impact of the explosion, he then went and picked up the mercenary's two weapons and placed them both on Bass's respective weapon holders. The two may have defeated their enemy but lost their only way to escape and to make things even worse was the entire place is already shaking with large debris starting to fall from above. The grand royal dwelling was almost destroyed from the outside, yet Lox --who was carrying Bass-- hastily ran near an opening. Sadly it was a dead-end; they were on top of the towers of the grand royal dwelling, and they had nowhere to go, until suddenly an enemy aircraft appeared in front of them. While holding the unconscious mercenary, Lox drew out his assault rifle ready to shoot the enemy ship, but the cockpit opened and to his surprise it was Universe piloting it. The ship had only one seating forcing the soldier-knight with only one option and then yelled at the me-reet to grab on the wings. With desperation, he immediately jumps and held on the handle near the wing as he held tight with his right hand even with his left arm getting stress by carrying Bass. The end of the hidden passage was at the back of the grand royal dwelling, "Hold on tight!" Universe asserts as they now flew straight to the northern point. Their escape didn't go smoothly as expected when three of the garuda aircraft began tailing them. The enemies started shooting at their aircraft but Universe manages to maneuver their flight well thereby dodging their attacks. The enemy aircraft was persistent and would not stop tailing on them, forcing the soldier-knight to redirect their flight and as they quickly descend over the capital's ground. The me-reet was still holding tight but the stress of his grip and holding on Bass became worse when Universe decided to let their aircraft dive down very fast. Two of the enemy aircraft were unable to turn quickly and crashed over the buildings. Only one enemy left, and it had no plan on letting them escape as they race towards the downtown streets of Tropicos Airr. Universe decided to take the fight above once again and pulled the aircraft up once more, though this made them visible again to the remaining pursuer, the soldier-knight had already devised a plan to defeat the enemy and so he quickly pull the aircraft up high up above even more and told the me-reet to let go. Lox knew that the loyal soldier-knight of corona have everything under control and would always trust his decisions. The chasing enemy never backs down and so followed Universe up as well not noticing that Lox and Bass were no longer on the ship. The soldier-knight stopped accelerating began to do freefall, the enemy tried to shot down the falling aircraft but the turbulence caused by accelerating at the top would prove to be ineffective, since the lock system would not be able to focus on the target due to the intensive shaking. Eventually the two aircraft met in a parallel distance, with the enemy heading up while Universe on the opposite, on the contrary the soldier-knight had the cockpit opened and had his Behemoth Gatling gun pointing at the enemy's sight. He immediately gunned down the enemy aircrafts engines as it continuously flew upward at an exceeding speed then exploded above which finally eliminated the last one.

Lox who was still free-falling while holding the unconscious Bass noticed an enemy missile heading straight for them. He was now left without a choice but to push them both away from each other, then missile exploded after it missed them and the me-reet was caught by Universe, who piloted the enemy aircraft once again. He then pursued the free-falling body of the mercenary leader but was unaware of a speeding aircraft coming from the east that is heading towards them. Lox extended his right hand as he tries to grab Bass's shirt. The me-reet was already close at saving him, however, the mercenary leader was nabbed first by an unrecognized aircraft that eventually flew across at a high-speed, and away from the area heading north. Lox was devastated as he saw Bass's body slowly being loaded inside the unidentified aircraft. Lox yells at the soldier-knight, ordering him to chase after them. Universe planned on pursuing the mysterious culprit but was forced to overthrow the idea when he saw a battalion of enemy aircraft heading towards them. Universe continued to head north as well but landed one of the northern forests near the capital. They manage to avoid enemy battalion along the way but the me-reet who was not able to save Bass began to blame himself about the mercenary leader's abduction. The soldier-knight looks at the despaired Lox, but would soon prepare the aircraft for liftoff, and -when the area was already clear they continued their escape from the capital area. Lox who was sitting beside the right wing near the cockpit started brooding once more, Universe could only watch silently at the me-reet who still succumbed with his own misery, and continued flying away from the capital.