Trent Nicholas

EMILY KING POV

I was jolted awake when I felt the burning pain inside my chest. Sitting upright, I panted as sweat dripped down my forehead.

I lifted my head and noticed that I was back inside my room. So, what happened just now must be a dream, right?

However, when I was about to get up, I saw a note beside my pillow.

Did the stranger put it here?

I read the note, 'It's not me.' - TN

TN? What does it mean?

Frowning, I crumpled the paper in my hands before throwing it outside the window.

Standing up, I contemplated if I should let my brother know about it what happened yesterday.

Knowing my brother, who didn't want any single detail missing from the story, I think I had to keep this as a secret.

I can't let him know that I was stabbed. It was truly embarrassing.

I wash up before going down to the breakfast table where everyone was already seated.

I sat in front of Belinda, throwing her a smile.

The queen throws me a knowing look. But, I ignore it.

I eat quietly as the others chatted happily. Every spoon of meals makes me want to cry.

What if the stranger wanted to do something against my family once again?

Finishing my meal, I stood up, ignoring the confused looks on their faces.

I push my bedroom door open when someone grabbed my shoulder. The person turned me around and I saw my brother's worried look.

My lips quivered as my eyes grow misty.

"You're hiding something from me,"

"Blake, please. Don't push me to tell you about this," I bit my lips as tears trickle down my cheeks.

"What is it? Why can't you tell me? I'm your brother...I-" His eyes turn red as his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'll tell you when the right time comes,"

I grab the doorknob and barge inside before locking it.

"Emily!" my brother knocked on the door.

He wasn't satisfied with my answer. I know it.

I'm such a fool!

If I know that things will turn out like this, I wouldn't have fought with the stranger. I can use my power to run. But, being the fool I am, I take the stranger lightly.

I thought I can overpower him. Wrong. Totally wrong.

Now, I was frustrated, knowing that the stranger is more powerful than me.

Knowing my brother, he should've known that a stranger was inside my room since he can sense negative energy.

If he doesn't sense it, then I had to do something to protect my family and this kingdom.

Several questions popped into my mind.

Why did the stranger show no emotions when I asked him about my parents?

And why did he sent me back to my room?

Plus, I read only half of the letter in the envelope.

Did I see it wrong?

How did I end up waking up at the mansion?

Why did he let me cry in his arms?

He could have harmed me. But, he didn't. Why?

"Emily!" my brother's voice made me snap back to reality.

I wiped my tears hastily before opening the door. I raise my hand to stop him from asking.

"Blake, can you show me the list of the king that was reigning this year?"

"Why?" his eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"Please?"

"Fine." he agreed after hesitating a bit.

***

We came to a halt when the palace library came into view.

"What do you want with the list?" he asked me while he walked towards one of the tables in the library.

"Nothing. I'm just curious." I watched as he rummaged around the table that was full of books.

It seems like the library still needs some space after all. They were still books piling up on the tables.

"This is it!" he threw a red medium-sized book to me.

What a brother!

I caught the book and sat on the chair nearby. I open it and start flipping the pages of the book. I came to a stop when I saw his face.

The picture of his piercing blue eyes made my heart pounds rapidly inside my chest.

The king of Czeprohnia.

"Trent Nicholas?"

His name rolled off my tongue.

It tasted weird on my mouth.

"You know him?" my brother who was sitting in front of me raise an eyebrow.

"No, how about you?" I look at him.

He sighed before smiling at me as he leaned back on his chair.

His answer however made my heart breaks apart inside.

"He's my best friend. Trent is obviously powerful. He helped me a lot. Oh! If you stop your training activities, I could've introduced you to him."

"Oh." I gave him a forced smile.

I close the book and gave it to Blake, who was eyeing me with his mischievous eyes.

I ignored him and walk away.

"I forbid you from training this weekend. You are going to the ball dances." he smirked.

God, help me.

Trent Nicholas....TN...hmm...