Dragon Mark

"Sweetheart," I sat on the chair beside her.

My hand reach up to touch her face and made her look straight at me. That's when I notice her iris had the same colour as me, my brother and my parent.

Red lines encircled her iris.

My heartbeat sped up in nervousness and delight.

My brother once told me that we had a younger sister. We've been searching for her after our parent's misfortune.

Our parents were on their way back to the castle when a group of traitor attacked them. They killed all the guards and killed our parents. But, they took our younger sister away when she was only two years old.

My parent or the previous king and queen had the most powerful kingdom four years ago and my brother never intends to change that.

Did I mention that we are seeking for revenge?

No.

But, death is undoubtedly coming their way.

I wonder how this girl end up here?

I look at the small face in front of me carefully. Noticing that my possible sister has dad's nose and mom's lips.

I just got mom hair which is a light brown hair. My brother ultimately had our dad figure.

A hint of jealousy appeared in my heart.

"Can you see the red line on my iris?" I asked her carefully.

I don't want her to get shocked. After all, her adoptive parents just died.

"Mn," she looks at me with her adorable confused eyes.

I open my leather jacket a bit and show her my own mark. The dragon figure on my right shoulders.

She gasped.

"What's your name?"

"Belinda,"

"That's a beautiful name. It suits you."

I chuckle when she blushed at this.

God damn it!

I wanted to ask her who give her that name.

Patient, I have my times.

I exhaled.

"The red line on my iris and yours are a family mark. The same goes to our dragon figure mark on our right shoulder. When you got the red line on your iris, you got a gift or should I say...power?"

Her mouth hung open at the revelation. Happiness swirling in her eyes.

"Really? Then, what do you think of this? Is-is this a gift?" she jumped from the chair and onto the ground.

"Hmm, let me see what you've got," the corner of my lips turned up.

She giggles before closing her eyes, and I look at her proudly. She opens her eyes but ends up falling down to the ground.

"Careful there," I caught her just before she landed on the grass.

"So, you can fly? Hmm?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

She nodded, frowning a little bit. I guessed that it must be because she hasn't grasped her ability to fly just yet.

"It's okay, you'll get better if you practice it often," I rubbed her head gently.

"Really?"

"Mn. So, what else can you do?"

She raised her hand above her head, and I almost jump in delight at my favourite sound.

The wind and storm mixing together.

The grin on my face wouldn't leave.

"You got the same ability as mine," I looked at her excitedly.

She squealed happily at this.

Someone appeared behind us. Stopping us from discovering more of her gift.

Jeff approached us.

"What's with the wind and storm sounds?" he looked at the blue sky in confusion.

Belinda and I exchanged a look and immediately broke into a fit of laughter.

Jeff stupefied face makes me laugh harder. A few minutes after, our laughter died down. I sat on the chair.

"Jeff, I'll go back to my castle today," I look at Belinda who frowned when she heard this.

"Of course. Do you need a carriage, Your Highness?"

I stand up.

"No,"

I look back at Belinda, knowing I had the right to do this.

"I'm taking Belinda with me,"

His face went paled.

Hee kneeled in front of me, "Please, Your Highness, tell me what wrong did we do that you take her as our punishment?"

Oh, no.

Jeff loves her as a brother does.

"No, there's nothing wrong, Jeff. I just found out my long lost younger sister, and I wanted to take her to the right place. If the person somehow asks about us, just tell him the truth, okay?"

He got up, but his frown didn't leave his face.

"I got it, Your Highness," he nodded with a forlorn look on his face.

"You can visit her if you want to, Jeff,"

Hearing this, his smile makes its way back to his face.