Choices (16)

"MADAM POMFREY!" I yelled, bursting into the hospital wing just as the Disillusionment charm stopped working. She looked surprise at my outburst.

"No yelling in here Miss Cornwall," she reminded me "Is there something you want?"

"Malfoy," I said breathlessly.

"I'm afraid he can't have visitors at the moment but-"

"Amanda."

I tilted my head sideways to see Malfoy lying in bed behind Madam Pomfrey.

"Amanda," he called out weakly. I looked expectantly at Madam Pomfrey.

"Oh well," she said grudgingly.  I quickly walked over to Malfoy.

I nearly gasped out loud when I saw him. He was bound up with many bandages but I could still see some of the scars that lingered from the attack. He looked weak and tired yet happy to see me.

"Malfoy..."

"Don't," he quickly stopped me "Don't say it. I know how I look, the great Draco Malfoy finally fallen."

"That's not what I was going to say," I defended myself "it's just...you IDIOT!"

His eyes widened at my outburst.

"WHO TOLD YOU TO HEX HIM? HUH? YOU COULD HAVE JUST SAT DOWN AND TALK LIKE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS! WHO SAY YOU HAD TO START A FIGHT AND NEARLY GET YOURSELF KILLED?"

I was fuming. Why did he have to act so manly sometimes? He looked amused.

"I'm glad you came to visit," he laughed "I'm not sure Madam Pomfrey agrees."

I slowly turned and saw Madam Pomfrey looking as furious as I had been two seconds ago.

"Out!" she pointed to the doors

"But-"

"Out!"

"But Madam Pomfrey-"

She shook her head.

"Madam Pomfrey, please let her stay. I have no one else to visit me. I promise she'll be on her best behaviour," said Malfoy in a sincere tone. I nodded to show that he was right. Madam Pomfrey rolled her eyes and walked away muttering to herself about kids these days.

I turned back to Malfoy, smiling sheepishly.

"Whoops..."

"I have to admit, life's more fun with you around." He winked.

"Unbelievable," I shook my head "You're lying on a hospital bed, severely injured, yet you still have time to flirt with me?"

"Well like I said Amanda, I still have feelings for you." His tone had become serious. I felt awkward. He was staring at me intently.

"You called me by my first name," I said, trying to break the awkward tension.

"I know," he said softly.

 "Listen...Malfoy...I have to go see Harry now..." I said awkwardly.

Something flashed in his eyes before quickly disappearing.

"Yeah, I understand." His voice was still warm. I had expected it to become harsh.

"I'll come see you later."

 He gave me a look that said, "really?"

"Bye Draco."

--

"I just can't help feeling like this is my fault," confessed Harry.

"It's not," I said automatically yet I silently agreed. Who told him to use that spell?