Choices (30)

It was a cold and bitter afternoon. Winter was going to come soon and already the weather had turned chilly. I shivered and pulled my thick coat tighter together. All around me, people were hurrying to get to the warmth of their destination. There weren't that many riders on the Eye but it was still busy enough for people not to notice me.

"Come on Draco. Where are you?" I muttered. He had sent back a letter saying that he would come but he was nowhere in sight. I looked down at the ground to avoid the biting wind from blowing into my face.

"Amanda?"

I looked up to see the face that I loved and knew. Draco Malfoy had arrived at last. My face broke out into a smile and I leapt into his arms.

"I've missed you so much." Tears had sprung up in my eyes. Just seeing him again brought back so many memories.

"I've missed you too," I heard him say.  He tilted my face towards his and brought his lips to mine. I kissed him back eagerly, enjoying the feel of his lips. 

Finally, and very reluctantly, we broke apart. We stared into each other's eyes for a while before he turned away.

"So what is this London Eye thing?" he asked, while staring at the giant white circle.

"It's basically a really big Ferris Wheel," I told him.

He looked at me blankly "A ferris wheel?"

"Yeah. You know those round things that you can ride in?" I mimicked the action with my hand. He continued looking at me blankly. I rolled my eyes. "Come on then." I dragged him to the ticket booth where I paid for both our tickets since he had no money on him. Then together we boarded the carriage.

He was rather startled when we started moving. He grabbed onto my arm and held me tightly, pressing my body against his.

 "Draco, what are you doing?"

"It's...It's not safe here for someone as fragile as you. You might fall down and break something." He looked away uneasily.

I smiled "Draco, are you just scared?"

"Of course not," he snapped back quickly, a slight tinge of pink on his cheeks. I just looked out at the view smiling knowingly to myself.

We were lucky enough to get a whole carriage for ourselves. I don't know what happened but when we were led up the stairs to get in, the guard's eyes suddenly became glazed over and unfocused. He stopped the other people from entering thus how me and Draco got our very own carriage. Hmm...I sneaked a peek up at him. He was staring innocently at the view as we slowly advance up to the top.

"Did you by any chance...use a Confundus charm on the poor guard back there?" I asked.

He looked down at me "Of course I did." He pecked a kiss on my forehead and continued staring out at the view. I shook my head, rolled my eyes humorously and pulled out of his grasp

"God, it's so beautiful," I murmured staring at the beautiful River in front of me. 

"I know."

I turned around to see Draco staring at me. I felt a blush settling on my cheeks.

"So um," I tried to cover up my embarrassment "I have a way for us to communicate."

"Mhmm?" He had a knowing smirk on his face, like he was finding my blushing amusing.

"Here." I handed him a cell phone.

His face creased in confusion. "What is this?"

"A cell phone. You use it to call someone." I explained.